Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad experience with Connects System

Community Guru
Mr M Member Since: Apr 27, 2013
1 of 6

Hi everyone ,

how are you all , i hope everyone is fine and good , .

As according to my topic of my bad experience with odesk connects system is that i applied to 29 job postings in this month and in these 29 applications i got around 5 to 6 messages from clients .

In these 5 or 6 clients , 4 of them were not interested in hiring anyone and one of them did not hired me.

But i am sure than almost 15 of my applications automatically gone to hidden folder.

so connect system just decreased my monthly earnings on odesk to 0 $ . Smiley Very Happy
I am totally disappointed with this system of 30 applications for a whole month of 30 ,31 days.what is the logic of 60 Connects if i can apply to 30 jobs??????
and like odesk is saying that they will add some featured jobs then why you are applying a half completed system on us? Smiley Tongue
I am sorry to say that even elance is giving more than that.

Thats all 

"One thing I know, that I know nothing. This is the source of my wisdom"
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
2 of 6

You have only had one job since last August and I'm sure clients see that when reviewing your profile.

You should simply buy more connects and work the cost of them into your price to get a job. 

If your applications were being hid then you likely were not a right fit for that job and should not have been applying. Remember you choose your skills, not Odesk. You might want to reduce that large number of skills to something more focused.

Also it's hard for Odesk to feature you in the "invitations" when you have that many skills listed and some of them like "Skype" really should not be there.

You also need some serious work done on your profile and then you may start to get more jobs. Statements from Martin Luther King in your first sentence don't help you very much. Look at what other successful freelancers do and copy them...not the words but what they do. 

You income for Feb/March was $100 so it's not that much of a reduction.

So you can buy more connects or wait until the end of the month when you get connects refreshed at 60 / 70

Community Guru
3 of 6

all wrong information you have gathered , sorry to say that.

Community Guru
4 of 6

i have earned around 600 $ in feb and march .

and i dont had one project from october .

i have done almost 8 jobs from last oct , nov .

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
5 of 6

....and suddenly you've made your profile private.

This will guarantee no job invites.

Community Guru
6 of 6

check it again if it is public now .

Thanks

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS