🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Bad feedback from Client
Page options
obanawev
Community Member

Bad feedback from Client

Hello, i've had a contract recently, with a quite tough client. and they left me a bad feedback unless i gave them a 5. Can i somehow edit my feedback to reflect it clearly and truly? I have left private feedback to that client which reflects the truth but decided not to spoil the public feedback.

Thanks in advance, Ivan

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Can i somehow edit my feedback to reflect it clearly and truly?"

Yes.

There is a button that a freelancer can click which allows a client to edit the public feedback that the client left.

There is a similar button that clients may click.

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 4.01.00 AM.png

If your client clicks this button, then you (as the freelancer) will have an opportunity to edit the public feedback that you left.

Read more about this here:

Enable Clients to Change Feedback

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 3.58.14 AM.png

petra_r
Community Member

Ivan wrote:

Hello, i've had a contract recently, with a quite tough client. and they left me a bad feedback unless i gave them a 5.

That is feedback extortion and you should report it to Upwork.

Ivan Z wrote:

Can i somehow edit my feedback to reflect it clearly and truly? I have left private feedback to that client which reflects the truth but decided not to spoil the public feedback.

No, you can't. You *can* request the feedback you left to be removed though.

Ivan wrote:

I have left private feedback to that client which reflects the truth but decided not to spoil the public feedback.

You didn't just leave 5 stars, you wrote gushingly enthusiastic feedback, calling the management "great, described them as "supportive and understanding... "

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ivan,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with your contract ID/title and more details about this? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths