cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad feedback from Client

Ivan Z Member Since: Feb 15, 2019
1 of 5

Hello, i've had a contract recently, with a quite tough client. and they left me a bad feedback unless i gave them a 5. Can i somehow edit my feedback to reflect it clearly and truly? I have left private feedback to that client which reflects the truth but decided not to spoil the public feedback.

Thanks in advance, Ivan

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 5

re: "Can i somehow edit my feedback to reflect it clearly and truly?"

Yes.

There is a button that a freelancer can click which allows a client to edit the public feedback that the client left.

There is a similar button that clients may click.

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 4.01.00 AM.png

If your client clicks this button, then you (as the freelancer) will have an opportunity to edit the public feedback that you left.

Read more about this here:

Enable Clients to Change Feedback

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 3.58.14 AM.png

Ace Contributor
Victor P Member Since: Jul 24, 2017
3 of 5

Ivan Z wrote:

Hello, i've had a contract recently, with a quite tough client. and they left me a bad feedback unless i gave them a 5. Can i somehow edit my feedback to reflect it clearly and truly? I have left private feedback to that client which reflects the truth but decided not to spoil the public feedback.

Thanks in advance, Ivan

You should've left an honest feedback from the very start.

No reason now to chase the client and revenge for giving you not a 5 -stars feedback.

There's a way. But client need to enable you to change feedback. Won't do it, of course.

Move on. And next time be honest.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 5

Ivan wrote:

Hello, i've had a contract recently, with a quite tough client. and they left me a bad feedback unless i gave them a 5.

That is feedback extortion and you should report it to Upwork.

Ivan Z wrote:

Can i somehow edit my feedback to reflect it clearly and truly? I have left private feedback to that client which reflects the truth but decided not to spoil the public feedback.

No, you can't. You *can* request the feedback you left to be removed though.

Ivan wrote:

I have left private feedback to that client which reflects the truth but decided not to spoil the public feedback.

You didn't just leave 5 stars, you wrote gushingly enthusiastic feedback, calling the management "great, described them as "supportive and understanding... "

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
5 of 5

Hi Ivan,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with your contract ID/title and more details about this? Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS