cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad feedback received - now client profile is disabled - can't refund or even speak to client!

Highlighted
Brian M Member Since: Jun 22, 2013
1 of 7
Hey guys, Received bad feedback, it was an isolated incident and I would like to refund the client or at least speak to her about it, but whenever I click on the job is says 'Profile disabled' Is there anything I can do? Thanks
Highlighted
Marvel J Member Since: Jun 30, 2011
2 of 7
Go to jobs, click on "View all Contracts". Tick view ended contracts. find the name of the client you worked for and click to open. You will see the button just close to the name of the client, "give Refund".
Highlighted
Robert S Member Since: Aug 5, 2011
3 of 7
Not really isolated... No telling how many you've removed by refund in the past but there is another review not far down, that suggests you disappeared on them as well.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 7

Refunding a job in order to get rid of a bad review may have once seemed to be a panacea for contractors. But with the Job Score heavily penalizing jobs which are begun but not concluded (or were refunded), and that typically being a bigger drag on the job score than a poor review for a finished job, it should be clear that refunding for star-rating maintenance is not a good idea.

It makes sense that Upwork doesn't want to expend resources to support a platform in which contractors meet clients and do work for them, if the contractor just refunds the client all money involved which leads to Upwork having no profit.

So while many people have complaints about Job Scores (and clearly there were some big calculation problems during the past month), I think Job Scores are serving one of their purposes, which is to help reduce refunds and rank contractors in a way that works better Upwork and also works better for profitable contractors who do good work but don't necessarily have perfect (5-star) star rating averages.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
5 of 7
Another resurrected thread.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
Community Leader
Chad R Member Since: Mar 19, 2015
6 of 7

WTH?

Who brought this thread back to life?