hyung90520

Bad feedback showing on profile

I accepted a job on Wednesday. I finished a section of the work Thursday night and had it sent Friday morning. However, on Thursday night I heard news that someone passed away and that the funeral is on Saturday. I plan to attend the funeral and take a few days off. As the schedule for the job was already tight to begin with, I didn't think I could finish within the deadline/do a good job within the deadline. So I close the contract (I know I should have informed the client first) and inform him that I will not be able to do the job. I was not paid yet as we agreed on 25% of the work for 25% of the payment. I told him payment is not necessary for the work I have done as it is my fault that I cannot complete the job. The client accused me of being a liar and sends me $1 so he can leave feedback, presumably a very low score. I have refunded him the $1. I have read that if the money is refunded no feedback will be view able but these posts are all 2012 or earlier. Will the feedback show on my profile?
4 REPLIES 4
junelle

the rule is still applicable; feedback will become null and not viewable once payment has been reversed.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.

Thank you ^^
ltsolo

Here is my advice: keep a backup plan. You can get sick, tired, car accident, etc. Would be great to have someone to replace you. Even better qualified, potentially highly costed, etc.

[quote=Andrey Zharkikh]Here is my advice: keep a backup plan. You can get sick, tired, car accident, etc. Would be great to have someone to replace you. Even better qualified, potentially highly costed, etc.[/quote] Huh? How do you propose this? The client still has to hire someone else. How is this a backup plan? Do elucidate.