🐈 Community
santo247

Bad reputation

I'm new, my first client gave 5 stars. The second one gave me jus 3.5, where can IC why? I think I did a great job, wrote my article on time following the instructions. Is possible to see wich are the criteria that he apply to give me the score?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
versailles

@Santiago C wrote:
I'm new, my first client gave 5 stars. The second one gave me jus 3.5, where can IC why? I think I did a great job, wrote my article on time following the instructions. Is possible to see wich are the criteria that he apply to give me the score?

You are killing yourself working with super cheap clients. They consistently prove to be the worst ones.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Santiago,

You'll be able to see the ratings after clicking on the contract title on your profile once your client is billed for the hours you logged on your Hourly contract next Monday. In the meantime, you can follow up with your client and communicate with them regarding their experience on your contract.

Untitled
versailles

@Santiago C wrote:

You are killing yourself working with super cheap clients. They consistently prove to be the worst ones.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
gerrys

Not to worry.

Half the clients here expect your to work some time for "free" before they hand out 5 stars. They call that "going beyond".

They bring their corporate mentality here: "If I give you a raise, then I have to give one to everyone!".

Handling out superlatives would be as "sign of weakness".

If I deliver "according to spec", I expect 5 stars; or I will not work with you again.

Funny how they change their ratings then ... without me even asking.

Sort of like UpWork: if they don't like you, they start witholding services or block you; but they are still happy to collect their fees; while whining to your client(s) about your "insubordinate" behaviour.

I think I need to find my rodent tie.

@Gerry S wrote:

If I deliver "according to spec", I expect 5 stars;

And the bar just keeps plummeting...