🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Ban the fake account
Page options
2sdevelopment
Community Member

Ban the fake account

I submitted a work proposal on Upwork. A 'client' presented himself as an employee of **Edited for Community Guidelines** company.
I started working and going on calls with a client. By the time, I understood that the person with who I signed a contract on Upwork with, is not the client that I was talking with on the calls. When I started investigating this question directly with a real client, it reveals that my Upwork 'client' impersonated my real client. My client doesn't have anything to do with it. This person just charged my client and told me that the work is not completed and he couldn't pay me.
My real client chatted with this person via Whatsapp. Whatsapp is signed on the **Edited for Community Guidelines** number. This user has a fake identity that contradicts community guidelines. A real client was fraudful charged for a significant amount of money. Can someone reach me or my real client out for specifics, so this account can be banned?

3 REPLIES 3
AndreaG

Hi Roman,

If you see a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service, we encourage you to report it. Here's how. We take every report of suspicious or inappropriate activity seriously. Every report is sent directly to our Trust and Safety team for investigation.

~Andrea
Upwork
2sdevelopment
Community Member

Hi Andrea.
Where can I do it? I cannot find the button 'Flag as inappropriate in our contract and cannot open the client's profile.

Click on View Original job posting. You will see the Flag as inappropriate button from there.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members