🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Bank Account Name Mismatch
Page options
cyberlitix
Community Member

Bank Account Name Mismatch

Hi, After setting up payment method, I received the following message:

"Due to our updated identity policy, at least one of your payment methods has been deactivated as the beneficiary name of the bank account does not match your name."

I am using my conmpany bank account, and the name is is different with mine. According to FAQ in that case:

• You are using a company bank account – To complete verification you may need to provide personal identification as well as one of the following:
    • An original bank statement showing the company name, as well as your name
    • A business license showing your name and the company name
    • Articles of Incorporation showing the company name with you as an authorized agent/owner

Anyone knows how to provide upwork with the above documents?

12 REPLIES 12
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Behdad,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you Aleksandar, much appreciate it!

Good day Alexander,

The name in my bank Account is different from that in my Passport because i used my spouse's name in opening the account. However, I have an affidavit attesting to the change in Name. Where do i upload the documents to regularise this. 

According to FAQ in that case:

You are using a company bank account – To complete verification you may need to provide personal identification as well as one of the following: An original bank statement showing the company name, as well as your name A business license showing your name and the company name Articles of Incorporation showing the company name with you as an authorized agent/owner Anyone knows how to provide upwork with the above documents?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Rose,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I have the same problem.
I am using my company bank account, and the name is different with mine. I want to provide Upwork an article of Incorporation showing the company name with me as an authorized agent/owner to complete verification.
Can you help me please how to do to upload this document ?
Thank you.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rabenasolo,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I am using my company bank account, and the name is different from mine. I can share an article of Incorporation showing the company name with me as an authorized owner to complete verification. Not sure where to upload. Would be able to help, please?

Hi Shiva,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have created a company and now I am using my company's bank account. Same mismatch issue, I would really appreciate it if this can be sorted out. Thank you so much! 

Hi Cristian,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

~Andrea
Upwork

I just switched banks and now the same thing happened. Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account. I don't see any tickets open for this issue under my account and I would appreciate some help with it if possible. Thank you!

Hi Cristian,

Please allow up to 4 business days for the payment method to clear. The team will reach out to you directly if any clarification is needed from your end.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths