cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Account add

dilarakhanam2013
Dilara K Member Since: Jan 8, 2014
1 of 13
Me , my husband and my sister working on O desk. Can we use one bank account for our three O desk profile?
asajid
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
2 of 13
Hi Dilara, No, all three of you will need your separate bank accounts/payment methods. If you are withdrawing to your bank account, the account title must exactly match the oDesk profile name of the user, so you three can't share a bank account. Hope this helps...
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
superfm
Rui G Member Since: Dec 31, 2014
3 of 13

Hi. My odesk profile only has (I believe) my first and last name and may bank account has my full name. Of the first and the last name match. Is there any problem for the odesk payment? Thanks.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 13

Rui,
Some free advice:

I have no doubt that you are a great English/Portuguese translator...

...but potential clients WILL doubt your abilities when they see the spelling error ("Englsih"), 4 capitalization errors and awkward grammar on your profile. Most potential clients will quickly notice these mistakes and move on to the next candidate.

And you will never know why.

Disclaimer: I am not an officer with the language police. I only play one on TV.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 13

Hi Rui,

Thank you for your question. The name on your oDesk profile must match the name on your bank account. There are some variations of your legal name that are acceptable though and you can verify your profile name is a variation of your legal name as shown on your bank account. Check out this help acticle to find out more.

Also, freelancers are allowed to use joint accounts for withdrawal as long as their name is on the bank account.

~ Valeria
Upwork
robin009
Robin M Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
6 of 13

Hello,

My upwork profiel name is Robin Mahmud but my bank account name is Md Robin Mahmud. Is that will problem, if I witdraw my money from upwork to my bank account.

Also my passport name is Robin Mahmud.  If i verify my identity using my bank name like Md Robin Mahmud(for proof my address) and passport name Robin Mahmud, then My ID will verify sucessfully or not? I can easily change my bank name to show my passport, it is not a problem for me, but if you clear me this thing, hope that will help!

Sincerely,

Robin

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 13

Hi Robin,

Legal variations of a name are allowed and you most likely will not have any issues withdrawing your funds. Just make sure the rest of your payment information such as address and account number is entered correctly.

~ Valeria
Upwork
baidi-murtaza
Murtaza B Member Since: Mar 11, 2017
8 of 13

I'm from India. Can I add my savings account to upwork ?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
9 of 13

Hi Murtaza,

If the bank account can be used to receive the type of withdrawals you're looking to set up on your Upwork account, go ahead and use it when setting up your withdrawal method. If it's incompatible, once you make a withdrawal the funds will be returned back to your account balance.

Untitled
marciamalory
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
10 of 13

So what happens if a husband and wife share a joint bank account?

Edit: Didn't realize how old this thread was.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS