🐈
» Forums » Support » Bank IFSC code not detected
Page options
8d5c5032
Community Member

Unable to add local bank account

Hi,

I am a freelancer from Canada. I can't enter my local bank information to get paid. When I try to enter the institution number and transit number, it didn't gave me the option to go to next page. I checked my bank information for many times, and I am pretty sure everything is right! Please help me to set-up my payment detail. 

Thanks,

Ruiyu

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Gulnihal,

We’ve designed the process of Adding a Direct to Local Bank payment method to be as straightforward as possible. To add your bank account: 

1. Go to Settings  Get Paid
  2. Click Add Method
  3. Click the Set Up button for your chosen method
  4. Enter your bank account details, including bank codes
  5. Choose a payment schedule and click Next

Important things to know:

• For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three days.
  • Check that the name on your bank account matches your verified name on Upwork. If your payment method was flagged for a name mismatch, please contact support to resolve the issue or add a new payment method.
  • You should also contact your bank if you're not sure you have the correct information, or if you received an error when you tried to enter it into our system.
  • Upwork charges $0.99 per Direct to Local Bank withdrawal. Any additional restrictions, timing regulations, and fees vary depending on your bank.
  • Be sure that you enter your bank information, including bank codes, correctly. We want you to get your money on schedule and any errors could result in a failed transfer or delay. If you've exceeded the character limit on the Name on Account field, please contact your bank to get an appropriate abbreviation.
    • Since some banks aren’t in our database or have recently changed their information, your bank details may not be recognized. In that case, you can enter your bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option. On the pop-up that appears click "enter it manually."​ Once clicked, a new form will appear to let you enter your bank details. You may want to re-confirm the bank code and other information on file with your bank before entering changes manually in order to avoid potential problems with withdrawals.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

643 REPLIES 643
gagantk
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for this information. I tried to enter the bank address manually. The address field has character limits and I'm not able to enter the full address of the bank. However, I've entered the Bank name and IFSC code correctly. This isn't going to be a problem right?

No worries, Gagan! As long as you have the right account number and the name on the bank account matches the name on your Upwork account, there is nothing to worry with withdrawing your funds.

~Andrea
Upwork

hi, i am unable to add my local bank, it is showing IFSC code not aavailable

Every bank has it's own IFSC code. Please check that you are entring correct number. You can find it on your check or from bank branch.

Hi Sushant,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

My IFSC code is PYTM0123456 and
SBIN0016993. But both are unavailable.

Hello Team - I have my bank IFSC code, but when I enter and click on find, it is showing me that bank not found.

Can you please assist me here? Waiting for your valuable response.

Thanks,

Hi Paridhi,

Could you please check this help article for more information about the correct format of the Bank Identifier Code? Additionally, please contact your bank and confirm if you have the correct Bank Identifier Code. If the bank confirms that you have the correct code, you have the option to enter the branch address manually by clicking the green link ''enter branch address manually'' under the bank not found a section of your bank information tab. Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, Im also facing similar troubles in setting up my bank account, as upwork says that my bank is not found, despite the correct IFSC code entered

Hi Aravind,

Could you please check this help article for more information about the correct format of the IFSC codes? Additionally, please contact your bank and confirm if you have the correct IFSC code. If the bank confirms that you have the correct code, you have the option to enter the branch address manually by clicking the green link ''enter branch address manually'' under the bank not found a section of your bank information tab. Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I contacted the bank and do have the correct code. I tried entering the address and other details of the bank, but upwork is not proceeding with it. The next button is not working when i click the submit. 

Hi Aravind,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi

I have finished my contract, and I gave my bank account details. Upwork is not recognizing the details (ifsc code of bank). I need an upwork representative to contact. My client had released the money from escrow, but im unable to access it, cause upwork is not recognizing my details. Please help

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Abhi,

Could you please confirm the issue you're having with entering your code manually? If you're seeing any errors please share a screenshot. You should be able to enter your bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option. On the pop-up that appears click "enter it manually."​ Once clicked, a new form will appear to let you enter your bank details. You may want to re-confirm the code and other information on file with your bank before entering changes manually in order to avoid potential problems with withdrawals.

~Andrea
Upwork

I've also tried entering bank information manually. still, it's not working.
I'm getting the following error message: "bank not found"

Hi Abhi,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with adding your payment method. 

Thank you for your patience! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am new to Upwork as a freelancer. When asked to enter my bank's IFSC code, it showed up as "bank not found". I even went to the RBI website as suggested by Upwork to get the IFSC code, "bank not found" shows up still. Upon filling in the bank details manually, it's the same thing. Please help!

Thank you for reaching out to us, Meghana.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with adding your payment method. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I a freelancer from India. While setting up payment method to "Direct to local bank", I was asked to enter ifsc code (bank code for Indian banks), but after filling this code upwork cannot find my bank. Thereafter it says to manually fill bank address, but when I do this the "next" button doesn't come alive, hence I cannot proceed further. What do I do now?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Foram.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with adding your payment method. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am trying to find my bank using IFSC code but upwork not able to find it

Hi Deen,

If you're sure that the code you're using is the correct one, you can add the address manually. For more details check out this Screenshot. If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I am getting Bank not found for valid IFSC code, which I have verified from RBI site. 

Please help.

IFSC Code - HDFC0003636.

Hi Sachin,

Could you please try to enter the bank address manually? You’ll see the green link ’’enter branch address manually’’ under the bank not found a section of your bank information tab. You can also check this help article for more information about the correct format of the bank codes.

Let us know if the issue persists. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm unable to find the bank IFSC code in get Paid 
this is my IFSC code  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Clubees,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please check this help article for more information about the correct format of the IFSC codes. Additionally, please contact your bank and confirm if you have the correct IFSC code. If the bank confirms that you have the correct code, you have the option to enter the branch address manually by clicking the green link ''enter branch address manually'' under the bank not found a section of your bank information tab.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello, 

I am new on Upwork and I was setting my 'Get Paid' options, but it didn't turn out to be successful. 

I entered the IFSC code and Upwork didn't detect the same. 

Although there was a link 'enter branch address manually' given below the IFSC code option, this link only took me to the customer service and support. 

Please help me figure out the IFSC code part, I am sure that I have entered it correctly. 

Regards, 

Ann

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ann,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re able to enter the bank address manually? 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am also facing the same problem can anyone help me.

Hi Anamika,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please check this help article for more information about the correct format of the IFSC codes. Additionally, please contact your bank and confirm if you have the correct IFSC code. If the bank confirms that you have the correct code, you have the option to enter the branch address manually by clicking the green link ''enter branch address manually'' under the bank not found a section of your bank information tab.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Upwork Team,

Can someone please get in touch for adding bank account details? I have tried 3 IFSC codes for 3 different banks but each time it is saying bank not found. 

Please do something!

Hi Pavit,

Have you checked with your banks regarding the correct IFSC code? They should be able to help you out with that!

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Yes I have. All are valid and working codes. Can you please ask someone from upwork team to check the issue

Please connect me with someone

Hi Pavit,

Could you please try to enter your bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option? On the pop-up that appears click "enter it manually."​ Once clicked, a new form will appear to let you enter your bank details. 

Please check this help article for more information about the correct format of bank codes.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi,

I already tried that but in vain. Thats why asking if someone can help. All three bank accounts are active and working. 

Thanks for confirming this, Pavit! Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi. I’m from India and I’m trying to add a local bank account but whenever I add the IFSC code it says that bank can not be found contact support. I am 100% sure that the banking code is correct and there is something wrong at Upwork’s end. The bank is ICICI bank which is a national bank here in India

Hi Divyansh,

I checked and it looks like you were able to add your bank account information. Could you please clarify if you need further assistance? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths