🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Bank IFSC code not found
Page options
8d5c5032
Community Member

Unable to add local bank account

Hi,

I am a freelancer from Canada. I can't enter my local bank information to get paid. When I try to enter the institution number and transit number, it didn't gave me the option to go to next page. I checked my bank information for many times, and I am pretty sure everything is right! Please help me to set-up my payment detail. 

Thanks,

Ruiyu

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Gulnihal,

We’ve designed the process of Adding a Direct to Local Bank payment method to be as straightforward as possible. To add your bank account: 

1. Go to Settings  Get Paid
  2. Click Add Method
  3. Click the Set Up button for your chosen method
  4. Enter your bank account details, including bank codes
  5. Choose a payment schedule and click Next

Important things to know:

• For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three days.
  • Check that the name on your bank account matches your verified name on Upwork. If your payment method was flagged for a name mismatch, please contact support to resolve the issue or add a new payment method.
  • You should also contact your bank if you're not sure you have the correct information, or if you received an error when you tried to enter it into our system.
  • Upwork charges $0.99 per Direct to Local Bank withdrawal. Any additional restrictions, timing regulations, and fees vary depending on your bank.
  • Be sure that you enter your bank information, including bank codes, correctly. We want you to get your money on schedule and any errors could result in a failed transfer or delay. If you've exceeded the character limit on the Name on Account field, please contact your bank to get an appropriate abbreviation.
    • Since some banks aren’t in our database or have recently changed their information, your bank details may not be recognized. In that case, you can enter your bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option. On the pop-up that appears click "enter it manually."​ Once clicked, a new form will appear to let you enter your bank details. You may want to re-confirm the bank code and other information on file with your bank before entering changes manually in order to avoid potential problems with withdrawals.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

637 REPLIES 637

Hi Vivek,

Please try to add your bank address manually by clicking on the green hyperlink at the bottom of the window. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey,

I'm unable to add a local bank account though I'm entering the correct IFSC code in my case it is IDFB0080151 and my bank name is IDFC First Bank.

Any help is greatly appreciated !

Thanks,
Sharieff

Hi Nayamathulla,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

i have entered my bank ifsc code which is **Edited for community guidelines** but upwork is saying this is wrong ifsc code 

**Edited for community guidelines**

please help me with this error

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shriyash,

Could you please try to enter the bank address manually? You'll see the green link ''enter branch address manually'' under the bank not found a section of your bank information tab. Let us know if the issue persists. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
e234f397
Community Member

okay i will ket you know

Hello Upwork Team,
I have 2 IFSC Bank code and both of them not working. It is saying as "Please check the IFSC code or enter branch address manually".
I tried to enter the bank details manually but it is still not working.
Please help.
Regards

Hi Sunil,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Upwork Team,
I tried to enter the bank details manually but it is still not working. please check these link

Screenshot attached :- **Edited for Community Guidelines**
Google Chrome Screenshot :- **Edited for Community Guidelines**
Please help.
Regards  

Hi Sunil,

Please allow more time for our team to review your ticket and respond accordingly. You will be notified of their response.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

UpWork is not able to detect my bank IFSC code - HDFC0003731.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Seema,

Could you please try to enter the bank address manually? You'll see the green link ''enter branch address manually'' under the bank not found a section of your bank information tab. Let us know if the issue persists. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I tried to update my payment details, 
whenever i try entering my Bank IFSC code , it shows as Bank not found.

Can you guys help me with this,
I have rechecked with bank authorities , its correct code and i have also used the same code in paypal and other websites. It works there.

Thank you.

Hi Mukund,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I can't seem to find my bank after entering the correct IFSC code. Neither can I enter it manually, as when I do enter it manually, the next button becomes unavailable. Please help.

Hi Aman,

We will look into this further and will get back to you once we have more information.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
frast55
Community Member

I can't even add it manually when I try it's not letting me, please help me
out ASAP.

Hi Aman,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

HI , WHEN I TRY TO ADD PAYMENT METHOD . THERE IT ASK ABOUT BANK IFSC CODE BUT WHEN I ENTER THE CORRECT IFSC CODE STILL IT SAYS CANT FIND THE IFSC CODE . PLEASE HELP

Hi Ashish,

Please check this help article for more information about the correct format of bank codes. That said, since some banks that aren’t in our database or have recently changed their information, your bank details may not be recognized. In that case you can enter your bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option. On the pop-up that appears click "enter it manually."​ Once clicked, a new form will appear to let you enter your bank details. You may want to re-confirm the code and other information on file with your bank before entering changes manually in order to avoid potential problems with withdrawals.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello Team - I have my bank IFSC code, but when I enter and click on find, it is showing me that bank not found.

Can you please assist me here? Waiting for your valuable response.

Thanks,
Manveet

Hi Manveet,

Please check this help article for more information about the correct format of bank codes. That said, since some banks that aren’t in our database or have recently changed their information, your bank details may not be recognized. In that case you can enter your bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option. On the pop-up that appears click "enter it manually."​ Once clicked, a new form will appear to let you enter your bank details. You may want to re-confirm the code and other information on file with your bank before entering changes manually in order to avoid potential problems with withdrawals.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello, 
I am new user of upwork and i was setting up my profile and in GET PAID option My bank Account is not getting fetch through right IFSC code. It's saying enter IFSC code menually.

Please Help.

Hi Manish,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you're sure that you're using the correct number you can add the bank address manually as well. You can find this on the same window where it says "enter it manually".

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi @Andrea,
I have successfully added my ICICI bank account again.
Thank you:)

Hi Upwrok support,

I'm new to Upwork.com. I was setting my profile and came across setup payments page. There I wanted to setup my payment method by adding my bank details. When I entered my bank's IFSC code, it showed bank not found. Then I entered my Bank's manual address and still it is not finding my bank. Kindly help mw thorugh this.

Hi Anguraj,

Could you please check this help article for more information about the correct format of the sort codes. Additionally, please contact your bank and confirm if you have the correct sort code. If the bank confirms that you have the correct code, you have the option to enter the branch address manually by clicking the green link ''enter branch address manually'' under the bank not found a section of your bank information tab. Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Greetings,

I am going to start freelancing with UpWork. I'd like to add my nearest local bank to Upwork. But it is not showing, neither with IFCS code nor by adding details manually. The other banks are showing but they are far from my village. So how can I connect a particular local bank with Upwork? 

Thanks for your time and effort,

Best Regards,

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Karamjot,

Could you please check this help article for more information about the correct format of the sort codes. Additionally, please contact your bank and confirm if you have the correct sort code. If the bank confirms that you have the correct code, you have the option to enter the branch address manually by clicking the green link ''enter branch address manually'' under the bank not found a section of your bank information tab. Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello Nikola,

I already tried using the IFCS code and adding details manually. But it's not working. I am just receiving the message "Bank not found". 

Thanks for the time,

Best Regards,

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Karamjot,

I'm sorry to hear you were not able to add the details manually. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thanks a lot for the time and attention. That would be very helpful.

Best Regards,

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I am trying to add my local bank account (India) in the payment method, but it couldn't accept the ifsc code. Please help me with this.
IFSC Code : CNRB0004376
Bank name : Canara Bank
Branch : Mallur

Hi Priya, please check this help article for more information about the correct format of bank codes. That said, since some banks that aren’t in our database or have recently changed their information, your bank details may not be recognized. In that case, you can enter your bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option. On the pop-up that appears click "enter it manually."​ Once clicked, a new form will appear to let you enter your bank details. You may want to re-confirm the code and other information on file with your bank before entering changes manually in order to avoid potential problems with withdrawals.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
gpriya6
Community Member

Hi, I tried adding bank account details by entering manually as well. But it still not accepting the details.

Thanks for trying that, Priya. Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
8ad0798b
Community Member

I am having the same issues. I am trying to add my bank account but it is showing bank not found. Can someone assist me on this. Thanks.

Hi Shahadat,

Please check this help article for more information about the correct format of bank codes. That said, since some banks that aren’t in our database or have recently changed their information, your bank details may not be recognized. In that case, you can enter your bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option. On the pop-up that appears click "enter it manually."​ Once clicked, a new form will appear to let you enter your bank details. You may want to re-confirm the code and other information on file with your bank before entering changes manually in order to avoid potential problems with withdrawals.

Thanks!
~Andrea
Upwork

I am trying to set up a payment method for my account.

I have chosen the "Direct to Local Bank" payment method. I have entered the correct IFSC code of my bank branch. I have double-checked it. Even though I get the response as Bank not found for this IFSC code.

Hi Gagan,

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths