🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Bank IFSC code not found
Page options
8d5c5032
Community Member

Unable to add local bank account

Hi,

I am a freelancer from Canada. I can't enter my local bank information to get paid. When I try to enter the institution number and transit number, it didn't gave me the option to go to next page. I checked my bank information for many times, and I am pretty sure everything is right! Please help me to set-up my payment detail. 

Thanks,

Ruiyu

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Gulnihal,

We’ve designed the process of Adding a Direct to Local Bank payment method to be as straightforward as possible. To add your bank account: 

1. Go to Settings  Get Paid
  2. Click Add Method
  3. Click the Set Up button for your chosen method
  4. Enter your bank account details, including bank codes
  5. Choose a payment schedule and click Next

Important things to know:

• For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three days.
  • Check that the name on your bank account matches your verified name on Upwork. If your payment method was flagged for a name mismatch, please contact support to resolve the issue or add a new payment method.
  • You should also contact your bank if you're not sure you have the correct information, or if you received an error when you tried to enter it into our system.
  • Upwork charges $0.99 per Direct to Local Bank withdrawal. Any additional restrictions, timing regulations, and fees vary depending on your bank.
  • Be sure that you enter your bank information, including bank codes, correctly. We want you to get your money on schedule and any errors could result in a failed transfer or delay. If you've exceeded the character limit on the Name on Account field, please contact your bank to get an appropriate abbreviation.
    • Since some banks aren’t in our database or have recently changed their information, your bank details may not be recognized. In that case, you can enter your bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option. On the pop-up that appears click "enter it manually."​ Once clicked, a new form will appear to let you enter your bank details. You may want to re-confirm the bank code and other information on file with your bank before entering changes manually in order to avoid potential problems with withdrawals.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

637 REPLIES 637

Hello Upwork Team

I am practically new here. Just started my earnings on Upwork. However, when I try to enter the IFSC code,the error message is "Bank not found". When I try to enter it manually, the problem is "NEXT" button is greyed out. Kindly do review to see what you can do.

Its the same bank account and debit card that I have used to Buy Connects. And this is what I need to update.

Thank You

Hi Vinod,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you joanne

Hello Upwork Team

Already a ticket has been raised since I was not able to transfer funds to my local bank account. The eror msg is "bank not found".

Now, while trying to connect paypal "beneficiary name mismatch" is the error.
I am attaching both my pancard and aadhaar here. Kindly review.

My paypal shows my full name as on Pancard. While for verification on Upwork I used my aadhaar. That is the only difference. Kindly do update the status from your end.

Thanking You
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Vinod,

Rest assured that we are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors as quickly as possible. Apologies for the delay.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you Goran

1. My primary preference is local bank transfer. And my aadhaar name matches perfectly with savings bank account which is Vinod Kumar V R

2. Paypal is only secondary preference. Here my paypal name matches with my pancard. The initial V R is extended to Vikrama Rajan Karuthedathu(fathers name) on my paypal and pancard.

The documents previously attached are for your verfication to let you know that I am the son of Vikrama Rajan Karuthedathu. I am also attaching the back side of aadhaar which shows my fathers name.

Thank You

Hi Vinod,

Please keep in mind that this is a public Community and I would strongly advise you not to post any private details publicly for your own safety.
Posting private details is a violation of our  Community Guidelines as well.

Feel free to follow up on your ticket directly with any additional questions and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My sincere apologies. I will follow through ticket

thank you

I am trying to add my bank details however upwork is not able to locate my bank even with the correct IFSC code.

Please help!!

Hi Ravi, please check this help article for more information about the correct format of bank codes. That said, since some banks that aren’t in our database or have recently changed their information, your bank details may not be recognized. In that case, you can enter your bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option. On the pop-up that appears click "enter it manually."​ Once clicked, a new form will appear to let you enter your bank details. You may want to re-confirm the code and other information on file with your bank before entering changes manually in order to avoid potential problems with withdrawals.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Krupa,

Just to clarify, did you meant you`re not able to locate a field where to add your IFSC code, or you`re not able to locate your own IFSC number so that you can add your payment method? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have my bank IFSC code, but when I enter and click on find, it is showing me that bank not found.

Hi Krupa,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your setting up your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Team - I have my bank IFSC code, but when I enter and click on find, it is showing me that bank not found.

Can you please assist me here? Waiting for your valuable response.

Thanks,
Krushanu

Thank you for reaching out to us, Krushanu.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Oh thats great. Thank you so much Bojan.
50baa682
Community Member

Hi,
Hope you're having a great day!

I'm trying to connect my bank with Upwork for transferring the funds to my local bank account using the IFSC code; however, when I'm entering my cide, upwork is not able to find my bank.
Please help.

Hi Ayushi,

I checked and it looks like you already added your account. Could you please let me know if you still need help with this?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ee8d2b40
Community Member

Hello Team - I have my bank IFSC code, but when I enter and click on find, it is showing me that bank not found.

Can you please assist me here? Waiting for your valuable response.

Kind regards

pitambar

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pitambar,

Could you please check this help article for more information about the correct format of the bank codes? Additionally, please contact your bank and confirm if you have the correct code. If the bank confirms that you have the correct code, you have the option to enter the branch address manually by clicking the green link ’’enter branch address manually’’ under the bank not found a section of your bank information tab. Let us know if the issue persists. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ee8d2b40
Community Member

Hi, 

I double checked the IFSC code with the bank, it's correct. I tried entering it manually, and requested a transfer to my local bank account but my payment request got declined. 

Looking forward to a solution, please assist.

Kind regards

Hi Pitambar,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Even I am facing the same issue. Upwork is unable to find my bank, even though the IFSC code given as input is correct. I kindly request you all to please guide me through. Tried the 2different bank accounts ifsc but it's not foind

Hi Prasad,

One of our agents will reach out to you via ticket and will be assisting you further. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
6874573c
Community Member

I am facing the same problem, could you please help me to resolve it? 

Hi Chirag,

Could you try to add the bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option? If you're sure you're entering the correct number and the system is not recognizing it. You can also check this help article for more information about the correct format of bank codes. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Team,

I have the same issue. I have my bank's IFSC code but upwork says bank isn't detected. 

Can you help me with this issue?

Thanks

Siddharth. 

Hi Siddharth, please check this help article for more information about the correct format of bank codes. That said, since some banks that aren’t in our database or have recently changed their information, your bank details may not be recognized. In that case you can enter your bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option. On the pop-up that appears click "enter it manually."​ Once clicked, a new form will appear to let you enter your bank details. You may want to re-confirm the code and other information on file with your bank before entering changes manually in order to avoid potential problems with withdrawals.

~Andrea
Upwork

I'm facing the same issue. Can you please help me?

Thanks,
Durai D

Hi Duraimurugan,

Could you please try to add the bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option, if you're sure you're entering the correct number and the system is not recognizing it? You may also check this help article for more information about the correct format of bank codes.

~ Nikola
Upwork

sir i am having the same problem i have my ifsc code but when i enter it on upwork it shows bank not found please help me in this issue

thank you

Hi Shivam,

Could you please check this help article for more information about the correct format of the IFSC codes? Additionally, please contact your bank and confirm if you have the correct IFSC code. If the bank confirms that you have the correct code, you have the option to enter the branch address manually by clicking the green link ''enter branch address manually'' under the bank not found a section of your bank information tab. Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

i am not able to find my bank via ifsc code , if i put my bank details manually at last it shows bank not found , Solve this error . Thanks

Hi Karan,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne 

I have similar problem, even one of my friend using same bank for withdrawl, Please solve this problem

thank you

Hi Sandeep,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Alaksandar, There is no response from any of your customer support, Its been 3-4 days

Hi Sandeep,

I checked and I can confirm that our team has already reached out to you directly via a support ticket. Please check your ticket number: 28734783. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Same issue happens on my profile also. Please create a ticket for me too on this issue. I also have my International debit card with me but it says error while buying connects.

Hi Sakshi,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths