🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Bank Transfer Failed
Page options
hazel-watson
Community Member

Bank Transfer Failed

So when I started on Upwork, I chose to use local bank transfer as my preferred payment method as I am living in Colombia. None of the other methods is particularly viable. Payoneer won't accept me because my residency is different from my passport and PayPal no longer functions in Colombia.

After much research, I was able to find my SWIFT code and my bank code (at least, the one recommended by Upwork) My bank is ITAU COLOMBIA.

Everything seemed fine, what I mean is, there were no "unacceptable format" messages etc when entering my codes. However, the payment failed. I checked the information, everything was correct. I emailed a query but received a generic "check everything is correct" email.

Is there any way I can be told what information is wrong.

I'm using the Swift code: CBBACOBBXXX

The Bank code: 1006

As well as my correct address, account number and other personal information.

What could be going wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
julie9874
Community Member

Hazel W wrote:

So when I started on Upwork, I chose to use local bank transfer as my preferred payment method as I am living in Colombia. None of the other methods is particularly viable. Payoneer won't accept me because my residency is different from my passport and PayPal no longer functions in Colombia.

After much research, I was able to find my SWIFT code and my bank code (at least, the one recommended by Upwork) My bank is ITAU COLOMBIA.

Everything seemed fine, what I mean is, there were no "unacceptable format" messages etc when entering my codes. However, the payment failed. I checked the information, everything was correct. I emailed a query but received a generic "check everything is correct" email.

Is there any way I can be told what information is wrong.

I'm using the Swift code: CBBACOBBXXX

The Bank code: 1006

As well as my correct address, account number and other personal information.

What could be going wrong?

I have faced this issue few days back.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hazel, 

As listed in this help article the bank code for Itaú Corpbanca Colombia S.A. is 1014. Could you please try this bank code and let us know if the issue persists? 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths