Page options
carlosktulu

Bank account Name vs Upwork Name

Hi,

I have a question about the mismatch thing in the payment method:

My Bank Account Holder Name is : Carlos A Rojas Diaz

My Upwork First Name is : Carlos

My Upwork Last Name is : Rojas

Will I have a problem to withdraw funds to my bank account?

Thank you in advance for your help in this regard.

Kind regards,

Carlos Rojas

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter

Upwork really does want to see the names be the same, or very close, on Upwork and on your bank account.

Is there any great reason why your Upwork name isn't (first name) Carlos (last name) Rojas Diaz?

That would definitely match enough that Upwork would be fine with it.

Hi Preston,

First of all, thank you very much for your quick response.

Actually if you think that I need to set my Upwork information like this:

First Name: Carlos A

Last Name: Rojas Diaz,

Then I'll do it without hesitation.

Do you think I need to do it?

@Carlos R wrote:

Actually if you think that I need to set my Upwork information like this:

First Name: Carlos A

Last Name: Rojas Diaz,

Then I'll do it without hesitation.

Do you think I need to do it?

I would suggest you add your bank account and see if it does trigger a mismatch. If it does you will be told what you need to do to resolve it.

I would not start changing Upwork account name without having to, as a ame change invariably triggers further actions and if it is not needed, don't worry about it.

Your Upwork name needs to be your real, legal name, the way it appears on your ID document, but generally middle names are not needed, and some variations of common names are perfectly acceptable, such as Tom for Thomas, Ricky for Richard or Jim for James.

In other words, don't create any extra work / hassle unless you NEED to. Simply add your account and see what happens.

Good day! I was trying to add my new bank account to my withdrawal method. But it appeared, "Name mismatched". My Upwork account name is already updated to Maranatha Gracel Lardizabal (married name) and I already got a new back account using my married name. Why is it still name mismatched?

Kindly do something about this. Thank you!

Hi Maranatha Grace, 

I've followed up with the team who is handling this issue. If we get any updates from them, we will reach out to you. 

~ Avery
Upwork