🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Bank account inactive
Page options
tatianalash
Community Member

Bank account inactive

Hello!
I have completed my bank details but its still showing inactive. I filled out my bank details in payment method ? and I already mentioned in federal tax classification non-us because I am not us citizen.
7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Tatiana L wrote:

I have completed my bank details but its still showing inactive. I filled out my bank details in payment method ? and I already mentioned in federal tax classification non-us because I am not us citizen.

it takes 3 days to become active

It’s been more then 3 days already, still inactive. Is there any possible way to contact support team directly?

Hi Tatiana,

You will need to fill out your W9 form in order for your payment method to be active. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I already mentioned that I’ve submitted W9 form with all the details that I am not US citizen.

Hi Tatiana,

Please keep in mind that the W9 form is for freelancers who are located in the US. If you`re not located in the US you will need to submit the W-8BEN form and update your profile address.
Also, please keep in mind that presenting misleading information on your profile is a violation of our TOS. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am located in the US! There is still no solution for my question. I filled in the W9 form, added my bank account in settings, got two small payments from Upwork and verified them in settings. There is red text “INACTIVE” where is my account info in get paid section. Can you please take a closer look of my account situation. Or the other question is: Is there a possibility to get help with my issue directly from the customer support ?

Hi Tatiana,

Please note that your country should reflect the one you're physically located in and be able to verify it. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to further assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths