🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Bank account is already closed when withd...
Page options
ikasirana
Community Member

Bank account is already closed when withdraw free

I recently withdrawn via direct to local bank. the problem is my bank account is already closed or inactive. Is that possible that my money will return here in my upwork account?

thank for your help

Regard,

Ika

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, the money will bounce back, but that usually takes 7 to 10 days at least, often a bit longer.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
ikasirana
Community Member

Hi, somebody help me...

Yes, the money will bounce back, but that usually takes 7 to 10 days at least, often a bit longer.

Upwork notifes me if the withdrawal of fund has been processed on July 2. 

If I reactivated my local bank account, can my money be received at my bank? 
or my money remains back in upwork within 7-10 days? 

Upwork notifes me if the withdrawal of fund has been processed on July 2. If I reactivated my local bank account, can my money be received at my bank? or my money remains back in upwork within 7-10 days? 

Hi Ika,

Petra is correct. If you withdrew the funds to an inactive account, it will be returned to your Upwork account.

It looks like you also submitted a support ticket. One of our team members will update your ticket, providing further assistance. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

What should I do, Joanne? keep waiting until the money returns to my upwork account or reactivates my bank account? can reactivating my bank account speed up the process of receiving money?

What should I do? keep waiting until the money returns to my upwork account or reactivates my bank account? can reactivating my bank account speed up the process of receiving money?

ika s wrote:

What should I do? keep waiting until the money returns to my upwork account or reactivates my bank account? can reactivating my bank account speed up the process of receiving money?

Nothing. Just wait. You need to reactivate your bank account anyway, because otherwise the same thing will happen again next time you want to withdraw. Reactivating your bank account won't speed anything up though.

Thank you for your answer, Petra and Joanne. The problem was resolved. The money has just been returned to my upwork account.

- On July 1, upwork automatically disbursed funds to my local bank account.

- July 2, the withdrawal was processed by Upwork.

- Today is July 3, withdrawal of funds failed, and the funds returned to my upwork account.

I did not expect, this refund happened so fast. Maybe because I contacted the Upwork customer support and center too.

Thanks. I am very grateful and relieved.

Thank you for the help.

Regard,

Ika

adfd01f1
Community Member

Hi Miss Joan. Is it possible I can request for an urgent return pf my funds? 

adfd01f1
Community Member

Hi everyone. I am having the same issue with my pay. Does anyone have an idea where I can reach out or email someone to assist me?

Hi Aiko,

Thank you for your message. We are unable to stop or reverse the fund withdrawal initiated from your Upwork account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths