🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Bank account title and upwork title mismatch
Page options
waqas_zareen
Community Member

Bank account title and upwork title mismatch

Hey
How are you?
My name is Waqas and there's no last name or second name of mine. But when it comes to upwork signup process we are asked to add last name on the form. Therefore I usually add my father's name (Zareen) just to fulfill the requirements.

When upwork tried to verifying my bank account title with my upwork name it was offcourse mismatched.

My upwork title is Waqas Zareen & my Bank account title is Waqas as mentioned on my ID card passport and other documents.

How to fix this..?
3 REPLIES 3
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Waqas,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You can use your formal salutation in the First Name field. The system would know you as Mr. or Mrs. Waqas.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear Aleksandae

Thank you for your time and answering my query, but I really didn't understand your solution. I am a verified freelancer on upwork and my 2 jobs are in process.

I have tried to change my upwork account title more than twice but it was denied by the team.

Let me explain a little more;
My Name is Waqas (Just "Waqas")
And upwork title is Waqas Zareen & as I said, without adding second/last name completing upwork signup process is not possible, I can't remove my last name even now.

I wanted to contact upwork customer services & ask them to remove my last name, as I have my bank statements and national identity card to explain about my name. I don't know how to contact upwork customer support via email.

Hi Waqas,

In cases like this, we suggest to use a formal salutation in the first name field (like Mr., Mrs, Ms.) and your name in the last name field. That would be unlikely to cause issues with adding your bank account as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members