🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Bank beneficiary name mismatch
Page options
f9f90935
Community Member

Bank beneficiary name mismatch

Hi, my payment system was recently deactivated because the beneficiary name on my bank payment method does not match the name on my Upwork account.

I have been using the payment method for more than a year without issues.

During that time, I did not change my name information on my Upwork or bank account. I just got a message that the names are mismatched.

Is this a software glitch?

I have deleted my payment method and added it again but no success with the name thing.

What do i do?

7 REPLIES 7
PradeepH

Hi Funso,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method is approved and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi

I do not think that my bank account was activated after three days. 

I added the bank account on Wednesday, and I am yet to receive any notification of my account being active on Friday, today. 

I also made a USD transfer to the account today and I am yet to receive any notification which I usually receive less than 24 hrs later. 

Please help confirm my account status

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Funso,

I checked this for you and your payment method is active and your withdrawal was successful on our end. Please keep in mind that Wire transfers will be processed within one business day but may take several to arrive in your bank account. If you don’t receive your funds after 8 business days let us know here and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
okiris
Community Member

İ have a beneficiary name mismatch on my upwork my name is Orkide Kiris because i was unable to use the Turkish letter Ş for kiriş and my bank name is Orkide Kiriş so i get a name mismatch. Can someone please resolve this issue.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Orkide,

Our team will update your payment method shortly and you will be able to use it, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mehran_alishah
Community Member

My name on bank and Upwork profile is same but it still says Beneficry name and profile name mismatch.
What do I do? in this situation.

Hi  Mehran,

It looks like your beneficiary name has already been approved. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any additional assistance.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members