🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Bank branch name is cut off because of new re...
Page options
leemyongpak
Community Member

Bank branch name is cut off because of new requirement in 2020

I used Get paid - Direct to Local bank wihout any problem in 2 years: 2018 and 2019.

In the end of 2019, I received a request from Upwork that I must change my bank Branch name to fit with their new requirement - maximum 20 characters length. Then I can not use Direct to Local bank any more since January 01, 2020. I have found that Upwork system (database) cut off my bank (International transactional) name to fit with their new requirement and my bank does not allow that.

There are 49 banks in Vietnam but only 4 of them has name fit with Upwork new requirement - maximum 20 characters length.

Upwork, please take care this situation.

4 REPLIES 4
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anh,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I checked and it seems that you already have a support ticket regarding the issue you are experiencing. I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your open ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Yes, I already had support ticket for this problem - that lasts for 2 weeks but has not been resolved yet. So I decided to post to community to get more useful help. It seems a technical problem that must be solved by the technical enginers not the normal support staffs. I have attached here 2 screenshots to clarify the problem, the real problem is BANK NAME, not the BRANCH NAME is CUT OFF.

Another bank

Hi Anh, 

It looks like you have already updated your support ticket with the same information. As this is being handled by another team, I would recommend that you continue updating the same ticket thread so that the team handling your case can assist you further with your account concern. 

On our end, I will follow up with the team so that they can get in touch with you soon. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths