🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Bank code
Page options
lilita35
Community Member

Bank code

Hi guys,

I am so concerned as I just received an email from upwork saying that I should update my current payment method, which is local bank transfer. It says that I should input my bank code, I called my bank (which is the biggest bank here in Colombia, Bancolombia) and they say they do not have any bank code, they only have swift code which is the one I have been using all these years...I am so concerned about this update, I fear not being able to get my money...any advise or any Colombian colleague who is in the same position? Thank you!

Liliana
129 REPLIES 129
cindykmg
Community Member

Thank you! It works 😄

diaz_alberto
Community Member

Hello i'm from colombia and was with the same problem

I think you are wrong about using the acc numbers, For Bancolombia the bank
code is 1007, when you ask in the bank they gave you the 007 code
(compensation code), in the community forum we started this discussion and
the Upwork team help us, because is four digit code, the suggest us to use
1007. I hope this help you.

i just changed my bank code to 1007 (i guess you're right), so how long do you think it will takes to get the payment into my bank account? because i do get the email of the payment confirmation from upwork with the transfer number and i called bancolombia, they told me that they don't have any info about a recent transaction... do you think it may take 3 days (like the first transaction as new freelancer?)

Good to know the code info help you, not sure about the transfer delay,
I've been receiving the money in my account the same day that I requested
it.
spalaum
Community Member

Hello I am currently having issues with my paypal account and it's link to upwork. I have an Itau bank account, can I link it to upwork for payments? Or is ti better to open a Bancolombia account?
Thanks!
Santiago

Hi Alberto, 

To answer your question, Direct to Local bank transfers take four business days to be processed. If the transaction still hasn't reflected in your bank account after eight business days, you can contact the Customer Team directly, or our team here, and we'll assist you further. 

You may read more about the fees and timing of Direct to Local bank in this help article.

~ Avery
Upwork

Avery O, Thank you a lot for your answer, this forum is very helpfull... i already got paid, this platform is the best! 

sanchez92
Community Member

Hi, I'm having the same issue regarding the bank code, I'm from Colombia, my bank is Davivienda, can you suggest a bank code for me? I'm in contact with my bank and the number they gave me is not working for me.

Hi Johnnatan,

Please try using this code 1051. If you receive an error on your end please share the full message of the error you`re receiving. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you very much, that seemed to work

Thanks.

ricethiefdesign
Community Member

Hi, so i want to set up a paymentmethod and it asks for a bank code that I'm not aware of, it says the code is the first 4 letters of the swift code but it only accepts numbers. I'm from Colombia and the bank is Davivienda. Thanks.

Hi Daniel,

Could you please try using 1051 for your bank code, and let us know if it worked.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
hugodias
Community Member

Hi, I'm having the same problem with my Bank, which is BANCO SANTANDER (BRASIL) S.A., swift code BSCHBRSP. Can you tell me which bank number should I use to re-enable my payment method?

Thanks

Hi Hugo,

Please try using the 033 as your bank code and let us know if it worked.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, I'm also experiencing the same issue but my bank is Banco Itau Corpbanca Colombia. Could you help me with the correct bank code? Swift code is BCTOCOBB.

Thanks!

David

Hi, Do not use the swift code, the code for Itau should be 1006, this is
the link where you can find all the codes (
https://www.banrep.gov.co/es/contenidos/page/c-digo-compensaci-n-le-corresponde-cada-banco),
for example
I am using Bancolombia and it work for me, the code is 07, since Upwork
platform is asking for 4 digits code, you need to add 1 and 0,

Thanks Camilo, it worked just fine!

chihiroasleaf
Community Member

Hi, I've been using direct transfer to local bank im Indonesia so far and it works until last month. However, my direct transfer to local bank was disabled and I need to add additional information to my bank account, they are bank code and branch code, which is I cannot find. The only code I could find is the swift code. What should I do? My local bank is Syariah Mandiri in Indonesia.

Thank you.

Hi Rohmi,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your bank code.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, I am having the same problem as others. Needing bank and branch codes but we don't use that here. Only have swift code.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Would really appreciate your help with this as I've not been able to get my funds to my local back anymore.

Many thanks,
Sam

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Samantha,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Had to enter my bank code for Colombia, also, after doing the same exact thing 2 months ago.

The transaction normally processes in a couple of hours, however it has now been 18 hours, and the transaction has not processed.

Have there been changes in Direct to Local Bank payment methods and timing?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Patrice,

I checked and can confirm that a withdrawal you're referring to was successfully processed on our end. Please know that Direct to Local Bank transfers takes between 2 to 5 business days. If it hasn't reflected on your account after 8-business days, please reach out to us so that we can issue a trace for you. You can check out this article for more information about fees and timing associated with the Direct to Local Bank method.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks for the update, Bojan.

I see that I just received the Upwork notification about an hour ago. Will follow up if any other issues arise.

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same issue with my Thai bank account, as my latest payment didn't get processed because of the bank code. I tried to look at it online but I can't find the number for my bank in Thailand.

My bank is Krung Thai Bank. SWIFT Code: KRTHTHBK

Any suggestion on this regard?

Thanks in advance! 🙂

Hi Sergio,

Could you please try using the 006 as your bank code. Let us know if it worked!

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey Bojan, thanks for your help. It should work now. Thanks ! 

ogbuuche
Community Member

Hello,

I using "Guarantee Trust Bank" in Nigeria and their Swift code is **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I tried using the first for values of the Swift code **Edited for Community Guidelines** and it says invalid format. Please which bank code should I use?

Thanks.

Hi Uche,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Could you please try using 058 as your bank code? Let us know if you are experiencing any issues with this so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello

I just got an email payment failed. Need to update bank code and branch code. I can't find this info.  please help. my bank details:

Bank SWIFT Code
BMRIIDJA
Branch
BANK MANDIRI (PERSERO), PT
JL. GATOT SUBROTO KAV 36-38
JAKARTA, 12190, INDONESIA

Thank you, Fauzi
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Fauzi,

Please try using 008 as a bank code. If you experience any problems on your end, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,
I have the same problem with the South Korean : Industrial Bank of Korea (IBK). There is no 3-digit code, and I am only able to find the Swift code: IBKOKRSE. Could someone provide me with the number, please?

TIA

Hi Ann-Kathrin,

One of our Customer Support agents will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
pedrolopez_ns
Community Member

Liliana, the banco code for Bancolombia is: 1007
The SWIFT code still is: COLOCOBM

escalante_juan
Community Member

Hi Liliana,

Can You help me? How did You set your Bancolombia account? Did You speak to a bank agent first? Or what type of account do You have?

Thanks un avance.
Juan Escalante

Hi Juan I have a savings account...what would you like to know exactly about it?

Cheers

Liliana

Thanks for your reply,

I want to know If there is an extra requirement to receive the funds to your Bank account.

Or did You Just set up the payment in UpWork and worked fine?

I'm looking for alternatives to Payoneer :'(

Juan

Hi Juan, I did that a couple of years ago and the bank requested me to sign a form in the bank to authorize the direct bank transfer and explain to me the conditions, someone I know did that process last year and the bank did not request any additional steps, my recommendation for you is to set up the account, make a small amount transfer and wait 2 or 3 days for the result, also I wouldn't recommend you to use Payoneer, I tried to manage my earnings using Paypal and it did not work.  

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths