🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Bank code
Page options
lilita35
Community Member

Bank code

Hi guys,

I am so concerned as I just received an email from upwork saying that I should update my current payment method, which is local bank transfer. It says that I should input my bank code, I called my bank (which is the biggest bank here in Colombia, Bancolombia) and they say they do not have any bank code, they only have swift code which is the one I have been using all these years...I am so concerned about this update, I fear not being able to get my money...any advise or any Colombian colleague who is in the same position? Thank you!

Liliana
129 REPLIES 129
lilita35
Community Member

Hi Juan, yes...I did exactly the same this other person just said, when you transfer funds for the first time to your bancolombia account you need to go to an office and withdraw the funds directly there....you can tell them that you want all your international transfers to be deposited automatically there and they will give you a form that you need to fill so the next transfer is applied instantly. Payoneer didn't work for me either and it's more expensive as well.

Hi guys, how long does it take for the money to appear in your bancolombia account?
leonjaramillo
Community Member

Fortunately, you had this question before I had the same problem.

The code for Bamcolombia is 1007, and the codes for the other banks can be found here: https://www.satbancolombia.com/conversores/#!/bancos

00b2af21
Community Member

Thanks Jorge! I am using this and it is correct. Only the IBAN that doesn't work.

marialegre
Community Member

Hi
I am trying to put the IBAN code from Brazil, but there is always an error, since I already checked and it is correct.
I've tried to remove the spaces between the letters, but it doesn't work either.
Can someone help me? Thanks

Hi Mari,

Could you please follow the instructions listed in this Help Article? If you`re still experiencing any problems after this, let me know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran! Thanks. 

I still have the same problem. The rest is correct, only the IBAN number you do not accept. I have already tested the number and it is correct, but it gives error when finalizing the registration.

Oi!

This is so annoying, isn't it?

I recently got paid with these info:

SWIFT Code

BRASBRRJSBO

Bank Code

Account Number

XXXX-X (This is how mine is)

Branch Number:

XXXX-X

CPF:

Then it'll take 3 days for them to validate this payment method.

You may get a name related discrepancy, but they may check with you, or even tackle it directly.

Boa sorte!

Hi Mari,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths