cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank info is *suddenly* not valid?

Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
1 of 12

I just received an email that looks like it's from the Upwork Help Center. It says my bank notified them that the routing information is not correct and I have to fix it. I have been getting paid from Upwork since Sept/Oct of last year without an issue and I haven't gone into that screen since I joined.  How can I be paid this long if the routing info is not correct? I went into the help center and I don't see any requests in there - would this be in there from the email? I am leery of it and think it might be a scam. There is a link to the request in the email but I am scared to click it. Has this happened to anyone else? 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 12

If you go to your help center and look at open requests, and also recent and closed requests, you should find it.

Community Guru
Andrea B Member Since: Feb 20, 2015
3 of 12

Sometimes banks change their BIC/SWIFT numbers (when they merge, for instance) and maybe you just need to check with your bank if this is the case.

If you want to be super-safe, do as Petra suggested: go and check for open/pending/closed tickets on the Help and Support section without clicking directly the link on that email message.

Community Guru
4 of 12

When I go into the Help Center, I have no open requests. But this email gives very detailed instructions on how to fix it ... It doesn't have me clicking a link to do it either. It just tells me where to go to fix it. But there is a link to the help center request, in the email, that I did not click on because I don't see it myself in the Help Center...? 

Community Guru
5 of 12

I did find it under "solved" requests. And it says it was submitted by me ...but it wasn't. And it's solved already without me doing anything? This is a little alarming...

Community Guru
6 of 12

There is nothing alarming about it.

The ticket is solved because you do not need to reply to it

Community Guru
7 of 12

did you check your closed requests as both Andrea and I suggested....

Community Guru
Andrea B Member Since: Feb 20, 2015
8 of 12

Just to make sure:

Upwork Help Center --> click on 'Check your existing requests' --> you should find a dropdown menu (set to 'Open') --> change it to 'Any'.

If you need to change your bank information:

Go to your profile settings (you probably need to answer a security question) --> Get paid --> Payment methods

Community Guru
9 of 12

Thanks, I did that. But I probably just put the same bank info in that I had before because there is no screen that showed what I currently have in there so I can see if it's wrong. So I just set it up as new and deleted the other one. The routing number is how it knows what bank to route to so how it can work all this time, when it's not valid, is a mystery as I have numerous withdrawals set up for bills and such using the same info and there is no problem with any of them.  Just another "unexplainable" Upwork experience. 😬

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
10 of 12

Hi Jessica,

I've checked and see our team explained the problem with your bank details, and shared detailed instructions on how to re-add your bank account information as a new bank account and delete your old bank account information to update your details.

Please follow the outlined instructions and feel free to follow up on the ticket if you need additional assistance. Thank you for your cooperation.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS