cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banning of the clients on Upwork

Himanshu M Member Since: May 30, 2017
1 of 3

Hello,

I just want to know that if Upwork focuses on freelancers which were earning regularly on their platform and banning the freelancers which are not active so much then why they don't focus on the client side as well, there are so many clients on Upwork who post their jobs and then they didn't even bother to see the proposals submitted to them and their job becomes open for months.

Due to those clients, the freelancers lose their connects and it gets difficult for them to trust the clients which can offer them the job. 

I just want to ask Upwork team why don't focus on clients as well as they focus more on freelancers.

Community Leader
Sagar S Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
2 of 3

Hi Himanshu,

I understand your concern. But think it from Upwork's point of view. It is the clients who are the root cause of Upwork's profit, not the freelancers. So, they normally give more spaces to clients than freelancers.

But what you said, is a bitter truth. There are hundreds of spammers, who post their jobs and never bother to see it.  You can flag any of them if you want. Then Upwork will definitely take action. Or you can be more cautious while submitting a proposal. Check out client's hire rate, how much they spend, what their reputation and then go for a hit. It will save your connects.

Thanks

Sagar

Demetrius E Member Since: Jan 26, 2019
3 of 3
Hi himanshu, what you need to focus on when submitting a proposal is the qualifications, if you don't fit the qualifications the client won't be able to see your proposal. Upwork place those freelancers that fits a certain job qualifications first.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS