cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bannk Verification Failed

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
21 of 36

Matt and Nilesh,

An agent will reach out to your directly and assist you with verification.

Sorry about the confusion.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Jonathan N Member Since: May 30, 2017
22 of 36

Hello,

I am new to the Upwork community and had a misunderstanding when verifying bank information under Settings>User Settings>Get Paid>Schedule/Payment Methods. It took a couple of days for the small amounts Upwork added to my account to show up. Misunderstanding the original directions and blinded by my own eagerness to work, I thought the directions read, add any two small amounts (I had not seen anything added from Upwork). But, what happened was the small amount transfered from Upwork had not yet been approved by my bank. After typing in the wrong amount, Upwork then said both amounts would add up to less than $10. So again, I added two small transactions that added up to be less than $10(neither of them being the amount sent by Upwork). Now I have failed my verification under the both subsections Schedule and Payment Methods. Now I have failed payment verification. 

Now the only available option is to contact customer service. I have contacted them repeatedly, the first time being three weeks ago and no response. I tried to add my Google AdWords and Analytics certifications to my profile two weeks ago, and, once again last week, no response. I have taken a English proficiency test a week ago, passed, and it hasnt't been added to my profile. I am on my last leg and am tired of unresponsive customer services. I feel that I can accomplish much with the help of this site after these basic problems are solved, but as a freelancer 2-3 weeks response time is unacceptable. Is anybody able to help me out? These are all basic problems that combined would take a moderator less than an hour to fix, yet, I am left waiting for almost a month without one solution. Are there any reccomendations to speed up this process? Is this response time normal? I have no hard feelings, would just like some answers. I need to know if it is worth waiting for a solution or, if I should take my work elsewhere.

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan Norton

Matt K Member Since: Jun 7, 2017
23 of 36

Ditto on litereally every word above.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
24 of 36

I added two small transactions that added up to be less than $10 (neither of them being the amount sent by Upwork).

So what, exactly, did you think adding random number could possibly verify?

Jing H Member Since: Jun 20, 2017
25 of 36

have you solved your problem? I have a same problem and not sure where to get help. It is very frustrating

Jay C Member Since: May 23, 2017
26 of 36

Yes. For those who haven't locked themselves out yet, you need to wait about 2-3 days before you receive the deposits into your account. If you expect it stratight away, you will likely do what the rest of us did and request it again. The problem with doing this is that when you receive the (first) deposits, they will no longer be valid because you requested them again (and the system is now expecting you to enter amounts from the second set of deposits). You would need to wait for the second set of deposits to be made and then use those.

So... when setting up your bank, be patient and wait about 2-3 days for the deposits to go in, which they will.

For those of you who locked yourself out, hopefully an Upwork rep will see your post here and get in touch with you directly. If not, keep trying to get ahold of them. I did by replying to an old support ticket that I had.

Good luck!

Jing H Member Since: Jun 20, 2017
27 of 36

many thanks!!!

Rashid K Member Since: Jun 16, 2017
28 of 36

I was supposed to receive two deposits from Upwork to verify my bank account. Its been more than a week now. And no deposits have been made to my account. How do I verify my bank account in this situation?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
29 of 36

Call your bank and ask.

Also remove the offer of free work from your profile. It is against Upwork terms of service to offer free work.

Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
30 of 36

I'm not sure about your bank account problem, but I don't think you're allowed to offer free services on your profile. I may be wrong. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS