cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be Warned: *edited*

Rik B Member Since: Nov 4, 2018
1 of 5

I recently applied for a **edited for Community Guidelines**. I am an established Bengali/Hindi - English translator. He contacted me and said that he wanted me to do a sample translating page for him for free. He said I was "faking" by experience and wanted to make sure I was good. I could see from the file name that the "Sample" I was doing for him ws contract work he was getting paid for.

I told him Upwork required paid samples and that I would not do work for him unless he started a contract. He got mad and said I didn't have professional etiquette. He continued to say that I am a horrible translator and that I was a liar and was bothering him. He then blocked me. 

Be Warned: Any job my **edited for Community Guidelines** is a scam. Do not do samples for him (or anyone) without knowing you will be paid (like an upwork contract). He is still trying to get Bengali translators for that job but will not pay. Be warned!

Rik

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 5

I LOL'd that he claims to be in the US.

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
BEST ANSWER
3 of 5

Your answers and responses were right on and perfect. if you haven't already done this, please report this client. 

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
4 of 5

Well I would not have spent another second on a client who accuses me of faking my experience. A bad outcome is guaranteed. 

Btw, there is something wrong with your picture, you need to upload one where one can see you.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 5

Martina P wrote:

Well I would not have spent another second on a client who accuses me of faking my experience

Client had a point though...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS