🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Be aware from fraudant client or activit...
Page options
hudaifah1
Community Member

Be aware from fraudant client or activities.

Dear Friends,
Couple of days back, I have submitted a proposal against a job. In reply he said you are selected and bla bla bla. Please contact at whatsapp **Edited for Community Guidelines**
A very long ago I read Upwork Guideline their were clearly mentioned upwork only support work at upwork incase client or freelancer ask for other mean of contact that mean he or she is trying to cheat you.
I messaged him and asked "yes" in reply he sent a very long paragraph message. I simply said no.
For reference message pasted below.
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

9 REPLIES 9
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Gul,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) and share the client name or the job post title so that our team can investigate this further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

please check . pm sent

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Gul F wrote:

Dear Friends,
Couple of days back, I have submitted a proposal against a job. In reply he said you are selected and bla bla bla. Please contact at whatsapp **Edited for Community Guidelines**
A very long ago I read Upwork Guideline their were clearly mentioned upwork only support work at upwork incase client or freelancer ask for other mean of contact that mean he or she is trying to cheat you.
I messaged him and asked "yes" in reply he sent a very long paragraph message. I simply said no.

It might be the rare case where an inexperienced client does not know that, but yes, in most cases it will be scammers. You need to flag the job posting. 

I have seen no reports of legitimate clients asking freelancers to interview via WhatsApp.

I believe only scammers do that.

Either Whatsapp or Telegram.

asu_mani
Community Member

True, i have been a member for long, had no reply in any job proposals until today and I was to reply via email. Thanks to the information i had read earlier, i was able to withdraw that particular proposal immediately. 

Athman M wrote:

True, i have been a member for long, had no reply in any job proposals until today and I was to reply via email. Thanks to the information i had read earlier, i was able to withdraw that particular proposal immediately. 

It does not really matter if you withdraw your proposal, the important thing is flagging the job posting. 

m_terrazas
Community Member

Gul F wrote:

Dear Friends,

It has happened to me and it was because the client was new and had no idea of the rules.
I just informed him of the TOS and he had no problem continuing to communicate on Upwork.

If client insist on communicating outside Upwork after you inform the client about the rules, just flag the work explaining the reasons for do it.

Few things need to b consider positive. Otherwise itis clear, If a client inviting you on other channels of communication and asking for registration fees that mean he is going to cheat you.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths