cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be careful when being approached by this ** They will make you work for free.

Highlighted
Apanda C Member Since: Oct 11, 2013
1 of 2
HI all, 2 months ago, I was approached by ** for Editing work. The company looked legitimate enough though I had to press the issue about the rate and the contract. It is not from oDesk that was why I was extra cautious, The amount of the money was only a little over 40 USD. The contract was for that amount of money, paid in full in 45 days. It has been over 60 days since the date of the invoice, they wrote me the email saying that they would look into it and they stopped replying altogether with no payment arrangement. I reported this to the Indian BBB (sort of like Better Business Bureau in USA) but got nowhere and I didn't have a lot of expectation anyway. I think I l learned my lesson. It is my first time getting ripped off, so I consider myself to be fortunate. I am skeptical now to work for anyone from India. I am aware that it has nothing to do with India and there are many good people out there, and there are crooks in every country. But this company did put bad taste in my mouth. Please be careful for this company, if they won't pay you some money in advance, don't be fooled by them. Let's stand together and help one another to keep the reputation of good companies regardless the countries. Thanks for reading. *Removed by admin
Highlighted
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
2 of 2
Hi You should always get an upfront payment/funded milestone. Also, did they send you an official offer via oDesk? Read the help section/ faqs, it will help you a lot.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS