🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Because client profile and 10$ now suspen...
Page options
visualstudio
Community Member

Because client profile and 10$ now suspended and freelance profile

I am in process changing CC, it will be for several days, I have debt on client profile 10$, and now Upwork suspended and client and freelancer profile.  Today old client want to send me long term contract but he could .I can lost contract +2000 $

This is very odd, i have funds on freelance profile, but sending money is not allowed from freelance to client profile, but if client profile is suspended this reflect and on freelance profile, it is not good.

7 REPLIES 7
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aleksandar,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update and the inconvenience this caused. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi thanks for reply, but this is clear rules, all is clear, but it not nice because my freelance profile have damage because client profile. I mean you could make freeze funds , but you suspended and my work because client profile can not charge 10$ this is very bad on several levels .

And on end, you looking now both profiles for suspension, but for payment you not looking it, i can not " help" my client profile from freelance profile

I  think, i lost one good freelancer for one job, you probably make alert about suspension and now all my freelancers have this alert, this damage and my client profile too , i understand that you must protect freelancers, but this alerts and suspension can be improved

Aleksandar T wrote:

I  think, i lost one good freelancer for one job, you probably make alert about suspension and now all my freelancers have this alert, this damage and my client profile too , i understand that you must protect freelancers, but this alerts and suspension can be improved

In fairness, you had several days  to resolve it  before things went as far as a suspension.

Only freelancers with active contracts are informed that the contract is on hold. That is only fair when your payment method can not be charged.

It is not true, all process is about 24h, i get alert about failed charging and next day i get suspension. But and 2 days or " several days" not make diference, because my CC is in making process .

But at end, is this correct to suspend and my freelance acount with client ?  To freeze funds is ok, but disable option for new contracts is not regular 

Well, now you know how the system works so you can plan in advance to be able to pay the freelancers that you hire to avoid similar problems in the future. 

Yes, it is true, I had some internal problem with CC and must urgent disabled and i not had choice. 

In meantime, maybe whole system can be improved:

1 . If client profile suspended, freelance profile can be suspended only for withdraw, not for all actions, if you take a job you can not take and money, but you can work

2. Suspension is now for 24h from moment of failed charging CC , sometimes some freelancer add time in tracker and you are on vacation, 24h is too small duration, there can be some levels, for example new clients can be suspended, but old clients with a lot years on Upwork and spend xxxxx can get 2 days for example 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths