Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Becoming Plus does not worth it

delfino_gabriel
Ace Contributor
Gabriel D Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
1 of 10

I became "Freelancer Plus" member and I applied to a lot a jobs using a lot of connects. Always biding close to the "average price" that way I ensures the -let's say- "fair price" in order to be not too expensive but nor too cheap. Having a good profile and a good reputation should help to obtain a lot of interviews -don't you think?-. on contrary since I became "a plus member" I did not get a single job, I have just get a couple of interviews but going nowhere.

Becoming "Plus" does not worth it, is a complete waste of money in my opinion -yes, even at a low price -, I consider that Upwork "membership team" -if there exist such team- should re-think the bennefits of the "plus membership plan" by adding more features such as Highlighting Plus freelancer's name and status over the basic bidders, or making the Plus users appear higher in the bidders list, this way Plus members will get more attention from clients increasing considerably the chances of getting interviews and jobs.

Upwork could be a better freelancer marketplace with few adjustments. Now I have to think about my situation, maybe it is time to downgrade my plan.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 10

It's $10 and it's tax deductible. Jeez.

Worth it to me since I know there will be slow months and I might need to bid more than expected. 

delfino_gabriel
Ace Contributor
Gabriel D Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
3 of 10

Yes like I said it is only usd 10. You are telling me that is deductible from taxes?, it sounds good, except we do not live in the same country -poor of me-. 

Each situation is relative to it's own circumstances. Maybe we live in different countries, maybe Plus plan works great for you, grats.

This post may seem to be about "complaining of everything" but it is about IMPROVING Plus plan, Making things better for freelancers and the Upwork company itself... I see you are not agree with me... Any ideas??? 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 10

**Edited for Community Guidelines** You should check with your accountant. For me, the $10 is tax deductible. I leave $10 in my account at all times, so I don't even feel the expense really.

I find that for a meezly $10, I don't have to worry about connects should things get slow and I have to bid more on jobs I normally wouldn't bid on. This has made it "better for freelancers." The average view is useless, cuz **Edited for Community Guidelines** always bids the lowest possible rate.

turbocro
Community Leader
Igor S Member Since: Apr 8, 2015
5 of 10

Your problem is that you expect of Upwork to get you job because you paid $10 membership. I have paid membership, like Jennifer said to keep connects for some other slow month not because it give me any adventage over other bidders...

Just stop looking at average bids on jobs and work on your proposals, then once you have that solved lack of connects would be your last problem...

machinesanimated
Muhammad S Member Since: Jun 16, 2021
6 of 10

Hey Jennifer,

**Edited for Community Guidelines** Kindly try to understand the situation of these freelancers and come up with a solution rather than proving them wrong at every topic.

Also, maybe $10 for you is nothing but A LOT for others.

sivavranagaro
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
7 of 10

I think I'll have to stay plus because 60 connects are simply not enough for me. 

I used to think I have a good profile, but will have to re-think.

Ashraful H Member Since: Jul 25, 2019
8 of 10

Hello
Plus membership is $14.99 and it will give 70 connects
Where basic membership will give $14.99/.15 = 100 connects. So why should I go for Plus ?
Can anybody tell me ?

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 10

Hi Ashraful, 

With the Freelancer Plus plan, you will continue to receive 70 Connects (a $10.50 value) plus all the other valuable perks, such as seeing competitor bids when you submit a proposal and rollover Connects. You can learn more here.

~ Avery
Upwork
arctushar
Ashraful H Member Since: Jul 25, 2019
10 of 10

Roll over is also in basic. To me connects is only important. So to me basic is better than plus.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS