🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Behance link in proposal
Page options
dblkv
Community Member

Behance link in proposal

I don't know how to send a portfolio when I respond to an order. Now I attach a zip archive where all the work is in. jpg, but it will be much more convenient to send a link to the same behance. If i do this, is there a chance to catch a ban?
My projects on behance contain my contacts (mail, etc).

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Dmitry B wrote:

My projects on behance contain my contacts (mail, etc).

... is there a chance to catch a ban?

Yes.

Why don't you simply direct clients to the relevant samples in your Upwork portfolio, rather than including zip files or forbidden external links?

dblkv
Community Member

The fact is that on behance I can beautifully design my portfolio. Upwork doesn't have the same features as behance

petra_r
Community Member

Dmitry B wrote:

The fact is that on behance I can beautifully design my portfolio. Upwork doesn't have the same features as behance

OK. What's better: 

1. Upwork's portfolio
  2. a permanently banned Upwork account?

Choose one.

dblkv
Community Member

What do you say to this?
This is the answer of 2017, I would like to hear the actual one.

petra_r
Community Member

Dmitry B wrote:

What do you say to this?
This is the answer of 2017, I would like to hear the actual one.

I say "You need to try and keep up-to-date" - As of this summer this is "the actual one" which you can also find in the Terms of Service.

Terms of Service

To help our users connect as safely as possible, we require that you do not request or share any contact information and keep all direct communications on Upwork until you start a contract. This means you cannot share your contact information in your profiles, proposals, job postings, invites, or other pre-hire contacts.

All introductions, interviews, and project scoping communications need to use Upwork's collaboration tools.

Once you are communicating with a client, you can show your outside portfolio if needed, even if it has contact details, but you have to make it incredibly clear that the protfolio link is only provided for the purpose of showcasing your work, and that all communication must stay on Upwork.

Essentially it's a bit like walking a tightrope!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members