🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Being Duped by a Client
Page options
shashwatsingh85
Community Member

Being Duped by a Client

I am Shruti Singh, a new freelancer here on Upwork, my first contract titled '**Edited for Community Guidelines** 
' was awarded more than a month ago. I have completed the work and submitted the files to the client, since then the client is unresponsive and has abstained from paying the fee, which is $100. It's clear this client is a cheat and plans to dupe me. Kindly help and let me know what remedy I can seek here as freelancing is my only source of income.

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Shruti,

I checked your contract and I can see that you have already submitted your work on your milestone.  After 14 days the funds will be transferred to your account if no actions are taken on the milestone. Keep in mind that if you resubmit the work again you will reset the 14 days period. To learn more details about fixed price protection, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Shruti S wrote:

I am Shrut , a new freelancer here on Upwork, my first contract titled 'XXXXXX' was awarded more than a month ago. 

First of all, not only is it forbidden to name clients in the forum, it is also utterly unprofessional.

Shruti S wrote:

I have completed the work and submitted the files to the client, since then the client is unresponsive and has abstained from paying the fee, which is $100. 

If you have submitted the work CORRECTLY (by attaching it to the "Submit for Payment" function of the contract, you would be paid the amount in Escrow after 14 days automatically.

Shruti S wrote:

It's clear this client is a cheat and plans to dupe me.

No, that is not "clear" at all. It is clear that you either don't understand how Upwork works, have not submitted the work correctly, haven't got a contract at all or have done something else wrong.

It is very difficult not to get paid if using Upwork correctly.

Where-Is-My-Money.jpg

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members