🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Being a Cuban citizen but living outside
Page options
sonycfg
Community Member

Being a Cuban citizen but living outside

Hello all, I'm asking this here because i'm wiling to work as a freelancer on upwork but looking the Elegibility section i can see that being a cuban citizen its forbiden? I'm so confused because i can't denied my citicenship, i have left the country to live in Uruguay so, How can I get rid of this great weight that comes from being Cuban to others? I hope i'm misundertanding the "Individuals nationals of Cuba" limitation. Can someone help me with this question?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
clara_sassy
Community Member

I don't know exxactly.

Please, ask upwork team

mtngigi
Community Member

@sonycfg wrote:

Hello all, I'm asking this here because i'm wiling to work as a freelancer on upwork but looking the Elegibility section i can see that being a cuban citizen its forbiden? I'm so confused because i can't denied my citicenship, i have left the country to live in Uruguay so, How can I get rid of this great weight that comes from being Cuban to others? I hope i'm misundertanding the "Individuals nationals of Cuba" limitation. Can someone help me with this question?

Thanks!

Upwork has nothing to do with it. Being Cuban has nothing to do with i. The US government keeps a list of sanctioned countries, and Cuba is one of them.

However, if you live in a country that is not sanctioned ... there shouldn't be a problem. Your profile has to indicate where you actually live, not your nationality. Editing again because I may be wrong about this.

ETA: I've flagged your post - hopefully a mod will come along to clarify further.

sonycfg
Community Member

Thanks, exactly thats my problem/doubt , i'm living on Uruguay and i haven't relation with Cuba anymore, so this: "Individuals nationals of Cuba" if is what i think it is, will be a huge injustice.

JoanneP

Hi Ismail,

We are checking for freelancers to make sure they are not accessing the site from a sanctioned location, or in a non-sanctioned location in a short amount of time. However, if you have already moved to another country, then you should be able to use Upwork to work as a freelancer. This shouldn't be an issue since you are currently residing outside of Cuba. Please let us know if you have further clarifications. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
sonycfg
Community Member

Thank you, i'm glad to read this 😉

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members