🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Verify my new paymment method
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078

Hello, thanks for the answer.

I already has payment method with the same name ("IP Shishkin Dmitriy Ivanovich").
My name is: "Dmitriy Shishkin"
But bank accounts requring: "IP Shishkin Dmitriy Ivanovich"

Shishkin - surname
Dmitriy - name
Ivanovich - patronymic
IP - “company prefix” in the Russia like LTD

Upwork requested the account verification with statement from the bank. Instead of to verify peyment method. Why if I already verified by the video. Feels very unfrendly. I need to verify payment method asap because now is end of month and bank has monthy limits.

I submitted ID photo and some statement from the bank.

Hi Dmitriy,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment methods are accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks

pmrahul
Community Member

Hi,

My payment method has been deactivated due to some name mismatch. However, I do not find any name mismatch.

Please help me.

Hi Rahul,

This is now fixed. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
pmrahul
Community Member

Thank you so much.
grvpdr
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team.
I need to link my company bank account to my Upwork profile. I have done so, however it was refused due to a name mismatch.
So I went to help doc and discovered that I could provide additional information about this company's bank account in order for it to be approved.
Please help me with that, as I'm the owner of the mentioned company and can provide all the supporting documents.
I have attempted chat support, but it is full of auto-responses with no further request escalation to an agent.

Hi Gaurav,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. I have followed up with the team, and one of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ozyilmazserhan
Community Member

Hello,

I'm having a problem with payment. I have a beneficiary name mismatched warning in my profile for 4 months at least. It says that they will review in 3 days but nothing is happening. Also, I have had withdrawal before and there was no problem that time.

The main problem is with the Upwork my name is FirstName-Surname but on my bank account Surname-FirstName. Can someone please help me?

Thanks!

Hi Serhan,

Our team will update your payment method shortly and you will be able to use your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
c3d351a4
Community Member

My name on Upwork: Ahmed Hossam

My name on PayPal: Ahmed Hossam

but when I try to connect Upwork with PayPal, Upwork tells me there's a name mismatch!

Hi Ahmed,

Your payment method is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
hilalk
Community Member

Hello, my Upwork name and bank account name is same. But still I am getting 'name mismatch' error and I could't get my payment. I think there is a mistake. Can you activate my payment method?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Hilal, 

Our team will update your payment method as soon as possible and you will be able to withdraw your funds. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you, have a good day!

I'm glad the name mismatch is fixed. I have had my Paypal attached here for years. I wait the 5 days, now another 3 (no fault of mine), and my electric will be shut off on the 27th, and they release on the 28th. What to do now ?

genchilal17
Community Member

Hi, 

My full name is Hilal Genç. It includes a Turkish character "ç". I cannot enter my full name into the "Account Holder Bank Information" section because Turkish characters are not allowed. So I get this notification: "Payment method verification in progress. Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account." 

Hi Hilal,

Our team will update your payment method shortly and you will be able to withdraw your funds. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mjrubioluzardo
Community Member

Hi, I have a very specific issue. Upwork says the beneficiary of my bank account doesn't match my name on Upwork, but it does and it always has. I've been using this bank account with Upwork for quite a while, so I'm not sure why they disabled it. The FAQ isn't helpful in my case and neither is the bot, and I really need to get my money out of Upwork because this is my only source of income. I can't find any other way to contact Upwork so I'm trying my luck here. Please help!

Hi Maria,

Your payment method is now updated and you can withdraw your funds. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you very much!

utkubektas
Community Member

Hello,

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account but i always use my real name. I think there is a problem about my surname because it contains "ş" but you do not allow me to enter "ş"

Hi Utku,

Please allow 48 hours for this to be reviewed.

~Andrea
Upwork
luigia192
Community Member

I tried to get paid but it said that the name on my account and the one on my bank account are not the same but it's not true because I've been paid before and I've never had this problem and the names match. I need help!

Hi Luigia,

It looks like the team was able to address this for you! If you need any further assistance please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork
anastacia-khoros
Community Member

Hi! I'm just trying to add another one payment method in my account and after adding I have the error "The beneficiary name is mismatched." But I have already checked the name twice, it's completely correct. Could you please help me with this? Thanks!

Hi Anastasia,

The issue with the name mismatch should now be cleared. Please, allow for the standard 3-day security period to pass and your payment method should be ready to use.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
chuck129
Community Member

Hi all.

I have the same error too. My last name has local characters so i think it is because of. My upwork name may not fit with my bank account name . What will i do? Can anyone help me please?

Thank you already.

Hi Yetkin,

Please allow 48 hours for the name mismatch on your account to be reviewed.

~Andrea
Upwork
remidosol
Community Member

Hi there 🖐, I've got a question: How can I verify my bank account, There is a info that is "The beneficiary name is mismatched.". The bank account is mine. My full name and my full name in my bank account actually matches, there are only turkish characters differences between them.

I verified my UpWork account also.

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ibrahim,

Looks like you added your payment method today. Please allow 48 hours for the name mismatch on your account to be reviewed.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mariale19
Community Member

Hello! After more than 1 year using the same bank account, now I'm having issues with my payment method. They say there's a mismatch in the names, but the names are the same, or is there a problem that in my bank I have my full name (Maria Alejandra Medina Medina), and in my Upwork account the name is Maria Medina (for me it's the same). Please can you help me with this issue??

Hi Maria,

I'd like to confirm that this has been fixed already. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
mariale19
Community Member

Hello! After more than 1 year using the same bank account, now I'm having issues with my payment method. They say there's a mismatch in the names, but the names are the same, or is there a problem that in my bank I have my full name (Maria Alejandra Medina Medina), and in my Upwork account the name is Maria Medina (for me it's the same). Please can you help me with this issue??

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maria, 

I checked your account but I'm not seeing any name mismatch on your account. Could you please confirm where you're seeing this?

~ Avery
Upwork
mariale19
Community Member

Hello! In just changed my profile name, it was veryfied almost immediately, and the problema was solved after that. Thank you
20ad7539
Community Member

I got a similar Issue, after i verified my ID, all my payment methods have the same 'Beneficiary name mismatch' problem. But i didn't change my name, and they were working before verifying my ID.

Hi Oscar,

You should be all set now!

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
86c7798b
Community Member

My full name is "Kadir Burak Baynazı", and I am trying to add payment method and it says Beneficiary name is mismatched and now it is restricted. Maybe I should write my name like "Kadir Burak Baynazi"?  I tried different things but can't fix this. Can you help?

tzvetalina
Community Member

Hello,  I need to talk to or email an upwork representative.  How do I go about contacting them or getting in touch with them?  Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths