🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078

What is your question about Upwork?

What do you need help with?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tzvetalina,

Could you please share with us your concern so that we can assist you accordingly or have the correct support team assist you?

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Bojan,

Thank you for your reply. My concern is regarding my payment method, which is not being verified. I have a one letter mismatch between my profile first name and my bank account. I would like to have my bank account connected to my upwork account without having to change that one letter, the letter mismatch is just a matter of transcription from cyrillic.   This should fall under " We’ll approve recognized name variations, like Robert/Bob or J.J./John Jacob, within 48 hours." However, the account is not been approved for about a week. Thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your patience, Tzvetalina.

Your beneficiary name has been approved. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
86c7798b
Community Member

My full name is "Kadir Burak Baynazı", and I am trying to add payment method and it says Beneficiary name is mismatched and now it is restricted. Maybe I should write my name like "Kadir Burak Baynazi"?  I tried different things but can't fix this. Can you help?

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kadir Burak,

I have followed up with our team and your beneficiary name has been aproved.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jmanhire
Community Member

My payment has been disabled for nearly 2 weeks now due to the beneficiary name being mismatched, which it shouldn't be because I use my full name for my bank information and my Upwork profile. I figured that this would be resolved by my next payment date, but alas it still says the same error information. The Upwork support team has not contacted me and I can't even contact them because it is near impossible to speak to a human for customer service. The bot is entirely unhelpful and I find that the only way to reach Upwork's customer service is through this forumn.

So I guess if anyone has some way to reach customer service via email or phone and could post that here that would be great and I would appreciate it! Or if a moderator sees this if they could please put me in touch with the support team so I can accsess my money I'd be very thankful.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Julia,

Your beneficiary name has been approved.

Thanks for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
e2f462e7
Community Member

Hello,

I have the same problem too.  "The beneficiary name is mismatched."

I guess it's because there are foreign characters in my name. That's why my payment method started to appear inactive.

Can you please help me?

Looking forward

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Leyla,

Looks like your beneficiary name has been approved. Can you please complete the W-8BEN form in order to activate your payment method? You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
dilum_v
Community Member

Hello,

I am facing the same issue in my account. I withdraw the same account before many times, but now my payment method has been deactivated.

How do I get this resolved?

Thanks.

Hi Dilum,

The name mismatch on your account has been cleared.

~Andrea
Upwork
dilum_v
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

It works. Thank you so much.

fmechtab
Community Member

Hello

I have had an Upwork account since April 2020 and I had added my prefered method of payment as soon as I activated my account.  I am from Canada and I used my TD Canada Trust branch/banking information to receive my payments. 

Until the last few weeks, I have NEVER had ANY issue receiving payment from Upwork through my payment methd/bank. 

But this past week, I noticed a message on my Upwork account that stated the 'beneficary's name does not match our records,' (or something like that). The name on my account is the exact same name as my banking info and again, I NEVER had an issue like this before and I NEVER changed anything on my account.

After many tries of trying to 'fix' this (although I don't even know what to fix?) I removed my bank and added my Paypal account instead. I am just waiting for the 3-day security clearance.

But I want to know why this is happening and I am also concerned that I will receive the same message with my new Paypal payment method.  Please help!

Hi Fatima,

It doesn't look like your PayPal payment method has been flagged for name mismatch. I would advise you to add your bank account back if you'd like to use it and wait 48 hours if you get this notification. If the notification is not cleared in 48 hours you can let us know and we'll be happy to assist!

~Andrea
Upwork
subart
Community Member

Hi, i have problem with beneficiary name on my payment method. It was 7 days ago and still i have problem.  What to do?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amar,

Your beneficiary name has been approved.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
bcanata
Community Member

I have the same problem. Probably my first name was missing. Can you resolve the problem?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bugra,

Looks like you added your payment method today. Please allow 48 hours for the name mismatch on your account to be reviewed.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
131979e0
Community Member

I want to withdraw my earnings but Upwork says, "...the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account." My Upwork name is the same as my local bank account name so I do not understand the problem. I've been clicking the HELP buttons and it says someone will get in touch with me but nobody did. How do I solve this? 

Hi Krizza,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
b3a5f2b4
Community Member

Hello everyone!

I have my first payment available in upwork and I'm trying to make sure everything is already set before continuing in the platform. 

I tried withdrawing to my payoneer account and it said there's was an error, the withdrawn wasn't completed but Upwork took the $2 commision of course. I understand it must be a payoneer error instead of Upwork, so I tried adding my paypal account and it says my paypal name is not matching with the account name but that's not right, I don't know what to do and there's no way to contact support.

Hi Gabriel,

I am sorry for the late response. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
winston214
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to add a payment method however, it won't let me  do so saying that my beneficiary name is mismatched. I need help in fixing this to make sure I won't have any issues when my funds are ready to be withdrawn. Thanks

Hi Winston,

Please allow 48 hours for the name mismatch on your account to be reviewed.

~Andrea
Upwork
foxbeam
Community Member

I have almost 2 years receiving the payments on the same US account and now you have disabled this payment method due to a name mismatch. You also have verified my account 2 years ago.

Why?

Please, resolve this issue.

Hello, same problem for me... 

Hi Dioris and Jeremy,

The name mismatch on your accounts has been cleared.

~Andrea
Upwork
e5c82e6b
Community Member

Hi, i'm also getting the same error,  "the beneficiary name is mismatched" 

please help i need to make some funds transfer ASAP

2c4de057
Community Member

Hello,

I still need help with this notification. Last week, I added my bank information to my account and I got this notification again. Could you help me, please?  I can not transfer my money to my bank account. Thanks.

hend-gamal
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to withdraw my fees directly into a local bank account, but the after setting my account information I received the following message: -

"The name "****" on your payment account has been manually reviewed by our staff and did not meet the criteria for compliance.

Which I believe is not the case, they are identical, can someone tell me what prodedure I can take so Upwork team will reconsider activating the direct local bank withdrawal method.

thanks,

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hend,

This has been fixed by our team. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
2c4de057
Community Member

Hello, 

I've been trying to add my bank information to my Upwork account. But everytime I try, I'm facing this error message. Could you help me, please? Thank you. 

Capture.JPG

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ayse Busra,

Your beneficiary name has been approved.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
nizamkhan_syed
Community Member

Hi I need help in sorting out the beneficiary name mismatch issue. I have verified my identity with Upwork. I have also got paid couple of times to my local bank. But suddenly I see a message as 'Beneficiary name mismatched' between Upwork and bank name. I have no clue what this really mean.

Pls assist me to fix this.

Thanks

Hi Syed,

I've followed up with our team and your beneficiary name has been approved.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
inouman
Community Member

Hello there,

I have come across an issue. Actually, my Upwork name and ACH doesn't look like a match. The first name does, but the second name doesn't. The account name is issued by the bank itself. However, I attached the card and became active. Now I've withdrawn my funds and haven't got them yet.

I want to contact support regarding this issue. But unable to find them to contact. 

Someone please help me out with this issue or connect me with the Upwork contact support team. So I can resolve this issue permenantly.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Noman,

Please allow 48 hours for the name mismatch on your account to be reviewed.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths