🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078

Hi Jorge,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
jroble84
Community Member

I have checked it and that message has been disappeared.

Thanks Nikola

jroble84
Community Member

I have the same issue than the Freelancer above. I have the not "The beneficiary name is mismatched" but my Upwork account, and my paypal / or bank account are strictly the same name. And I have withdrawn founds form my account 3 months ago, but now I can´t do it.Could you please check my case ?

ankyatne
Community Member

Hello!

I've recently noticed that I cannot get paid due to the beneficiary name in my bank account being different from what I've put in Upwork.

The FAQ in the help section isn't very helpful in this case, as I cannot see what's exactly wrong.

I was looking for a way to open a ticket to get direct help but cannot find a way to do so. How could I reach out to support in order to sort this out?

Hi Raul,

I would be happy to help. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need any further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
55bebb39
Community Member

Hi everyone,I have one issue regarding withdraw of my upwork earnings.i have attached my bank account but I shows beneficiary name mismatched I have looked again and again to my bank account and upwork account name both are same but still this"beneficiary name mismatched"problem is not solved please guide me what to do.i will be obliged

Hi Shahzaib,

I shared your report with the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Nikola
Upwork
avialainer
Community Member

I have error "The beneficiary name is mismatched" with PayPal. My name in PP on russian, in upwork on english. I need manual review name. In the support chat, only automatic messages from the bot are received.

Hi Anna,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been approved and will be active within 3 days

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
b026ac1f
Community Member

Error : 

Your Direct to Local Bank has been updated Name on COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC account ending in 6982 (LKR) does not match your name. Learn more about our identity policy.

Hi Savindu,

Your payment method is now updated and you can use it, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

ooh my god. Thank you so much mr.Gorvan. I appriciate you . Now I can  give my service to my clients correctly.😍

Good Luck and Take care.

Best Regards,

Savindu Pasintha

8a064d24
Community Member

Hi, I'm getting error that my name in my UpWork account is not the same with my bank account name, I check several times and it is identical How can I solve this issue?

Hi Samer,

Our team will update your payment method shortly and you will be able to use it, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
amrosama20
Community Member

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

i would like to know what steps do i need and want to know how to it will be resolved as the both name is identical 

Hi Amr,

Please allow 48 hours for the name mismatch to be reviewed.

~Andrea
Upwork
728cd386
Community Member

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account. This is what it has been showing do I also have to wait for 3 days

Hi Tanish,

Yes, please allow 48 hours for the name mismatch on your account to be reviewed.

~Andrea
Upwork
sedaanil
Community Member

I receive this message on my payments page: Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

But it's not true, both these names are the same. The only thing I can think of is the mandatory use of the Latin letter i in the Upwork name (Anil of Seda Anil Ertekin), whereas my name in my payment method has to be without the Latin letter conversion (you'll probably not be able to see it properly here): Anıl of Seda Anıl Ertekin. 

Can anyone pls help with this?

Thank you

Hi Seda,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
sedaanil
Community Member

Hi Andrea, 

No, I haven't submitted a support ticket about this. The only valid support ticket in the link you provided is the message informing me that my ID could not be verified (and obviously I haven't submitted this ticket, it's just a message from you), and that I should send a colored ID, which I did. And when I checked the website again later on my ID appeared to be verified. But this was a completely different problem.

My "beneficiary name not matching the Upwork name" issue still hasn't been resolved, and on top of that all of my available Connects seem erased at the moment, and my Saved Job search is not available. It looks as if my Account is somewhat disabled.

This is really confusing. If I can receive some help that would be great.

Seda, apologies for the confusion. I can confirm the team has received the ticket you've submitted, it will show on this page once they reply. Regarding the rest of the issues you're experiencing, please refer to this thread.

~Andrea
Upwork
katlogan523
Community Member

I have been on Upwork for years and always used the same Paypal account. My name has not changed. My bank account is also thru Paypal. I have no physical bank, so instant pay won't accept my debit card. I needed that money on the 27th for an electric bill shutoff notice.

I go to withdraw after waiting 5 days, the I see my Paypal is deactivated , I try to reactive and sadly have to wait another 3 days, and it comes back a mismatch. How will I ever get paid ?

Hi Kathleen,

I've followed up with our team and your beneficiary name has been approved.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
9a536e2f
Community Member

Hi,

I get the "The beneficiary name is mismatched" and the payment method is deactivated, but my name on the bank account is the same as on Upwork - Marin Bencic. My ID name is Marin Benčić but Upwork does not support the format č and ć, so I wrote c , I dont know if thats the problem, but how should I write those letters if they are not suported if thats the problem?

Regards,

Marin

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marin,

Your beneficiary name has been approved.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
may_wu301
Community Member

I have a similar problem, can someone help? Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yunjie,

I’ve escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
9a536e2f
Community Member

Hi,

I get the " The beneficiary name is mismatched", but it is not, on my bank account I have the same name as on my Upwork account and I am not sure what seems to be the problem?

Regards! Marin

katlogan523
Community Member

Same problem here, but nothing has changed in 7 years. My electric will be shut off on the 27th, because of money stuck in my account. I already waited 5 days, now this. I put in a ticket, but I don't see it.

ad601952
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

I use my english name . but in my bank I use my chinese name.I have change my name into my chinese name , will this solve my problem?

Hi Alice,

Thank you for your message. I checked with the relevant team and they are unable to accept your payment method as your name on the payment method does not match with the verified name. Could you please try adding your payment method with the verified name?

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

I have change my name into my Chinese name.but i can't adding new payment method,what can I do?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dan,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ad601952
Community Member

I replied to your emails, but no one contacted me. This problem is still not resolved.

Hi Dan,

Thank you for following up. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you via a support ticket and shared additional information. You can access your ticket on this page.

If you have further questions or if you need further assistance please consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you directly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
bardiamist
Community Member

Hello, please activate my new payment method Wire Transfer (USD) - Account ending in 4508. I entered right name for Russia, you can check against my previous payment method.

P.S.: Support chat absolutelly unfrendly. I can't found how to create new support request along time so created it here.

Or how to create a new support request for this?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dmitriy, 

It looks like you just added the payment method today. Please allow the team 48-hours to review the name mismatch on your account. The team will reach out to you if they need more information from you.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths