🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Account name check
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078
f7b4b791
Community Member

My nickname is Dmain G on Gmail, it reflected on Upwork as my user name sitting right on my profile. My name is Solution Uwadiae Bayo. What should I do to rectify this issue? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dmain,

You can update your name by going to Settings and using the edit button. If your name variation is not acceptable, our agent will advise you directly about mismatch on your documents and suggest editing your Upwork profile name to match your legal name. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
f7b4b791
Community Member

Hello! I tried updating my name from Dmain G (Nick Name), to my name Solution Uwadiae Bayo. It was denied. I got a mail asking me to request for a manual review. I replied the mail as directed asking for a manual review. I am yet to any updates from Upwork.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dmain,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
antcrews-jubayer
Community Member

My financial account name is showing old name. I changed my profile name to "Md Jubayer Ahsan" but in notificaiton and email it is showing "Md Jubayer Ahsab". I want to change my financial account name to "Md Jubayer Ahsan".

Hi Md Jubayer,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi. I have a similar problem. I would like to change the financial name from Ivan Kolesnik to Ivan Koliesnik, because I made a mistake when spelling.

I will be glad if you help me. Thank you.

Hello Ivan
In your profile if you correct the name then it's okay. Then upwork will deposit two small amounts in your given bank account information and upwork will send you an email to verify those two deposit information once you verify your bank account using the two small deposits, your bank account will be updated to the name which is currently showing in your bank information.
eb4a67ab
Community Member

Hi team, 

Adding a manual name review request. Please let me know if an identification verification will be necessary (https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067788-What-documents-are-acceptable-for-ID-Verifica...) as I'm requesting to change my account name to Ashok **edited for Community Guidelines** from Ashok **edited for Community Guidelines** (which is actually my middle name, and not on the bank acct.)

Thanks for your attention!

Ashok

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ashok, 

It looks like you just recently added your bank account. This will go through a manual review process within 24-48 hours. If you don't hear back about this, please update this thread so that our team can assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
abhikur
Community Member

Hi,

I filled the get paid information but I got message saying that one of your payment methods has been deactivated as the beneficiary name of the bank account does not match your name. My name in bank is Abhishek and there is field to fill the last name but my account name does not have my last name. Please help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ankit,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork
abhikur
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I used my nick name in upwork profile. The name in my government ids is different. Will I be able to change my verified name?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ankit,

You can update your name by going to Settings and using the edit button. If your name variation is not acceptable, our agent will advise you directly about the mismatch on your documents. In the meantime, we would suggest editing your Upwork profile name to match your legal name.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
33signals
Community Member

Hi UpWork Team

I have updated payment method to my company bank account

I have a Transferwise.com bank account

I have received the two upwork verification deposits

== Error Messages ==

I still have an error message about mismatched name

Bank verification in progress
Due to our updated identity policy, at least one of your payment methods has been deactivated as the beneficiary name of the bank account does not match your name.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

==

The beneficiary name is mismatched

== Error Messages ==

* Please can you kindly fix this asap .

Thank you & Kindest Regards

Marcus

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marcus, 

It looks like you just recently added your bank account. This will go through a manual review process within 24 to 48 hours. If you don't hear back then, please reach out to us here so that our team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
honzous
Community Member

Honza = Jan (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honza)
Could someone please approve? Thank you.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Honza, 

I checked and can see that you recently added your bank account to your Upwork account. This will go through a manual review process within 24 to 48 hours. If you don't hear back soon, please reach out here so that we can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
jasminetin
Community Member

Hi,

Could somebody at Upwork help verify my account name please? I’ve been told that Upwork has done a manual check and the bank account name is not matching. It may be in a different order but the name is right. Please help!

Thanks!
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jasmine,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork
wordninja901
Community Member

Hello, I need for someone to verify that I am who I said I am so I can add my bank account info and withdraw my funds. My full legal name is Georgina Ericka **edited for Community Guidelines** but for business, I use my shortened name: Ericka **edited for Community Guidelines**. Bank requires me to use what's on my license which is Georgina ericka **edited for Community Guidelines**. Someone please offer guideance on how to resolve, please. Thanks. 

Hi Ericka, 

I have shared your concern with the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
fatimaabbas11
Community Member

Hi, 

My verified name on upwork does not match with the account name even though I am the owner of the account. It won't approve my account for withdrawal. I need to request a manual review.

Hi, 

My verified name on upwork does not match with the account name even though I am the owner of the account. It won't approve my account for withdrawal. I need to request a manual review.

Hi Fatima,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork
fce87c97
Community Member

Hi there, I am not able to get support with adding my bank details as there is a name mismatch as I am using a company bank account, can anyone tell me how to get help with this? Finding the support option is so difficult, just going around in circles. 

Hi Alyia,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Could you please let us know if you added the bank account already? If yes, and if you still see a mismatch, please know that it will be reviewed by our team within 48 hours. As you mentioned that it is under a company account, you may want to refer to this help article and check the needed document just in case our team asks you to send them.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
tofigeynullayev
Community Member

Hello,

I just received a notification that my payment method is deactivated due to name mismatch. My name is Tofig in English and Tofiq in Azerbaijani. On my bank account, it is written as Tofiq but my Upwork account is under Tofig.

I was wondering if you could help me in activating my payment method?

Kind regards,

Tofig Eynullayev

Hi Tofig,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked your account and you should be all set now. For your security, please allow 3 days for your withdrawal method to become active.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you for your quick response!

Kind regards,
Tofig Eynullayev
pavithra-suresh
Community Member

I am trying to add payment menthods. but it says beneficiary name mismatched

Hi  V,

It looks like this was resolved and you were able to update your profile name to match your beneficiary name. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
jarydhermann
Community Member

Hi,

I have two issues.

1) I need to change my name, there is a typo on my account 

2) I am updating my payment method, but the name on my account is not the same as my account name as I am using a company account. Can't reach support, hoping they contact me from this?

Thanks.

Work with your bank. Add your correctly spelled legal name as an account holder on your bank account.

Then work with Upwork Customer Support to correct the spelling error in your Upwork account.

Hi Jayrd,

You can update your name by going to Settings and using the edit button. 

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your name mismatch request.

~ Bojan
Upwork
markussk
Community Member

yes ive checked and the info matches. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Markuss.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mianya
Community Member

Having trouble submitting a ticket to have a manual name review. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mianya,

~ Bojan
Upwork
ruthiedarling
Community Member

how do I request manual name review?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths