Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GET PAID

Highlighted
Iveta W Member Since: Jun 16, 2020
261 of 306

Hi, 

When I signed up, I used the last name, "W", which isn't my last name.

My account's verified, but I now can't get paid because the last names don't match.

Please change my last name from "W" to the last name on my driver's license. 

Please also keep my display to only show "W" as my last name as I've had too many people contact me via FB as my name isn't very common. 

Thanks.

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
262 of 306

Hi Iveta,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Naheed R Member Since: Apr 29, 2020
263 of 306

Hi there,

I was facing troubleshooting in adding billing method. The matter was reported by me to the upwork help and a screenshot was also sent to concerned in connection to that, i was informed via email that the issue has been resolved and the restrictions have been removed.

Unfortunately, I have been caught into COVID-19 "corona virus" due to which I remained offline and I stopped my services. Since now I have recovered from the pandemics and resumed my services on UP Work and I again tried to add the billing method but it is still showing me the same error that i reported before my illness.

Please help.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
264 of 306

Hi Naheed,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Hemalatha K Member Since: May 24, 2020
265 of 306

Hi, My payment method got rejected since there is a difference in the name. There will be difference in upwork user account and the beneficiary name, since this is corporation. "KUBERAN SOFTWARE PRIVATE LIMITED " Please do the need full.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
266 of 306

Hi Hemalatha,

Could you please try re-adding the bank account? You may also want to check out this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Asad R Member Since: Mar 6, 2020
267 of 306

Hi Guys,

My full name is "Asad Riaz", but my legal name on Bank Account and National Id card is only my first name "ASAD". My name on Upwork is complete Asad Riaz. That is why it's showing this error that the beneficiary name is not the same and because of this issue, I cannot add a withdrawal method for payment. Please see Ss...

I do not want to change the name on my Upwork profile, as I am professionally known by my Full Name. I found the Upwork Help article that says to "click here" to request a manual name review. However, clicking there sends you to an automated system which then sends you back to the article. 

Kindly help me with this by conducting a manual name review? There is the only solution that will verify my beneficiary name on my Upwork payment method.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
268 of 306

Hi Asad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your Payment Method verification. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Chandni B Member Since: Oct 15, 2019
269 of 306

I have spelling error in my Bank account name which shows my name as "Chandani Bhojani"  while my upwork profile shows name as "Chandni Bhojani".

I have Proof of PAN Card showing my name as Chandani Bhojani.

please take above into consdtration and kindly approve my payment withdrawal method. 

I can give you the proof document of my PAN Card on request.

Thank you,

Chandni Bhojani

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
270 of 306

Hi Chandni,

I checked and it seems that your name change was already approved and you should be all set. Please note that in order to withdraw earnings, you need to complete the W8BEN Foreign Status Certification. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. For more information, please check this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS