🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: requesting a manual name review
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078

I have the same problem.. help me...

Hi Vivek,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same problem. I need to submit my articles of formation and the secure link only asks for my ID.

Hi Dennis,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
asadriaz2020
Community Member

Hi Guys,

My full name is "Asad Riaz", but my legal name on Bank Account and National Id card is only my first name "ASAD". My name on Upwork is complete Asad Riaz. That is why it's showing this error that the beneficiary name is not the same and because of this issue, I cannot add a withdrawal method for payment. Please see Ss...

I do not want to change the name on my Upwork profile, as I am professionally known by my Full Name. I found the Upwork Help article that says to "click here" to request a manual name review. However, clicking there sends you to an automated system which then sends you back to the article. 

Kindly help me with this by conducting a manual name review? There is the only solution that will verify my beneficiary name on my Upwork payment method.

Thank you.

Hi Asad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your Payment Method verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have spelling error in my Bank account name which shows my name as "Chandani Bhojani"  while my upwork profile shows name as "Chandni Bhojani".

I have Proof of PAN Card showing my name as Chandani Bhojani.

please take above into consdtration and kindly approve my payment withdrawal method. 

I can give you the proof document of my PAN Card on request.

Thank you,

Chandni Bhojani

Hi Chandni,

I checked and it seems that your name change was already approved and you should be all set. Please note that in order to withdraw earnings, you need to complete the W8BEN Foreign Status Certification. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. For more information, please check this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
421d3abb
Community Member

Hello!

I would like to request a manual name review. My legal name is different than my nick name (which everyone calls me). When I try to set up the payment method, the bank account name mismatch error shows up. Could you please help me with this? 

Thank you!

Lisa

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Lisa.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ahmedelkousha
Community Member

Hello..I've added my local bank account As it is mine and the name on upwork is the same on my bank account but i get that ''The beneficiary name is mismatched'' so what's the reason and what's the solution ?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ahmed.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
grace_sigua
Community Member

Hi,

Good day!

I would like to ask how can I use my local bank account if it doesn't match with my verified name here in upwork. It has been deactivated due mismatch. I use my company bank account name for my previous company. what do I need to do? Appreciate your help. Thank you!

Hi Mary,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran, I am having a  verified name mismatches but my bank name and Upwork profile name are the same, so I am not sure how to fix this problem.

Can you help me?

Thankss

Hi Denisse,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further. 
I would also like to confirm that it is not allowed to shorten your last name. Your Upwork name needs to be your full legal name. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am having a  verified name mismatches but my bank name and Upwork profile name are the same, so I am not sure how to fix this problem.  by the way I use my company payroll  bank account account.

Can you help me?

Hi Mary Angelie Rivera,

I checked this for you and it looks like your name change request was approved just recently. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue with adding your bank account? 

If there is any mismatch between your bank account name and your Upwork account name, you may be asked to clear the mismatch. In this case, you will be asked to provide documents that will prove that you are the owner of the bank account. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi how can i include my middle initial or name on my upwork profile account?

Can i use a joint bank account with my husband for setting up the payment method?
How can i include my middle initial in my profile name? Since it ia included in my bank account

re: "Can i use a joint bank account with my husband for setting up the payment method?"

Yes.

You may use any bank account for which you are an account holder/signatory (using your legal name).

Upwork does not care if it is an account on which you are the sole account holder, or if it is a joint account.

Hi Mary Angelie,

You can only use any bank account that's in your name or is a joint account that has your name on it as a withdrawal method. 

You can update your name by going to Settings and using the edit button. If your name variation is not acceptable, our agent will advise you directly about mismatch on your documents and suggest editing your Upwork profile name to match your legal name. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, where can I edit the verified name but to set a different name for my profile?

Thanks

Hi AW,

To submit a name change request go to Settings > Contact Info > and update your name.

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My name on my official ids and documents is Ramandeep only. Whereas while making account , first name and last name is both mandatory while I only have First name only in the documents. because of that I am having issues in payment methods.

Hi Ramandeep,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
viralmk
Community Member

i added my company's bank detail. and got same problem 

Hi Viral,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
tonumarius
Community Member

Hello,

Just registered on your platform and I have to say it's awesome.I need one thing from you guys.

How can we recheck my bank account as it seems that on first try i got a name mismatch.

Will be needing this to be fix asap as i will be contracted soon and will need to withdraw funds to my bank account.

I just need to mention that account has been created more than 3 days ago.

Please assist.

Regards

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Marius.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

Hi Yasser, 

Please allow up to 72 hours for the review on your payment method to be completed. If you're still experiencing any problems after this, feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

ok, thanks for the quick answer 

Hi,

I’m also experiencing the same.

I’m using the same name on upwork and my bank but there’s an error showing it is mismatched.

Please assist. Thank you.

Hello Ma Eunice,

Thank you for your message.

I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been approved and will be active after 3 days.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for your fast response.

Have a good day

Hello Sir, 

My Upwork profile name and local bank account name are the same. I withdrew payment twice before. But today I saw my payment method is deactivated because my beneficiary name is mismatched. While I didn't change anything on my Upwork as well as my bank account. 

Can you help me, please?

Thanks!

Hi Tasnimul,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this and the team was already able to assist you!

~Andrea
Upwork
f7b4b791
Community Member

Hello! I tried setting up my bank account to enable me withdraw and was notified that my name is mismatched with that on my bank acount. I think that there is a mistake somewhere.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dmain, 

I can confirm that there is indeed a name mismatch with the name of your bank account and your Upwork account. This will go through a manual review within 24 to 48-hours. If you don't hear back then, you can come back here, and update this thread, and our team will assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths