🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078

hi, please i have the same problem, can you help me out as well, no one seems to be responding to me

Hi Nikola,
I have the same problem on my account with beneficiary name, but my profile is ID verified already, can you please help me?

Thanks

Hi Zain Ul Islam, 

The name mismatch on your account has already been cleared. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Greetings,

I am facing the problem, My direct to bank account payment method is deactivated. It shows something like "Your beneficiary name dosent match". Please help me, I have to withdraw my funds because i have to pay bills. I am in trouble.

Thanks,

Muhammad Hassan

Hi Muhammad,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sandee,

Please allow up to 3 days for the review to be completed. Once it's done, our team will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm having same problem do i have to wait for three days as well ??

Hi Tanweer,

I checked and it seems that your name change was already approved. Feel free to follow up if you have further questions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have same problem .My id verification name set to primary account but I change payment method .and this name was not me.So what I do ?

petra_r
Community Member

Asad S wrote:

I have same problem .My id verification name set to primary account but I change payment method .and this name was not me.So what I do ?

Which name is not you??

Whose name is it and why?

2397e52b
Community Member

Muhammad Nadeem is not my name.

My correct name is AsadUllah Shaheen.

I set up that name by mistake.So please change it to AsadUllah shaheen or my new payment method.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Asad,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
0d040045
Community Member

I also have the same problem. Should I wait for 3 days also?

Hi Michelle,

Kindly allow up to 24 hours for our team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have the same problem 

Hi Suliman,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
naimii
Community Member

please help me

thank you

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Naimat,

Please, allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Aleksander,
I have the same issue with name, it is the same from Upwork profile and the PayPal, could you please check. I even updated the payment a few times but still the same.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Milos,

It looks like you added your payment method just recently. Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
milos_diz
Community Member

Thank you for your prompt response.
I added again the same one because the last one was shown as declined for
the reason above. Thank you for all the help, really appreciated it.
Milos

Hello Bojan, can you check my account too please? I've got the same message, but my bank account's name and the one from my Upwork's account are the same.

Regards

Hi Maria,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They'll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you for your patience,

~ Nikola
Upwork

I'm having the same issue... my name is exactly the same across everything but it's saying there's a mismatch. I can't afford to wait 3 days

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out, Halle, and I apologize if this will inconvenience you. Please know that this is a standard process, and it will take about 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Avery
Upwork
be217312
Community Member

Issue has been resolved. Thank you!

Hello,

My payment method got deactivated after more than a year of using it. I am using my legal name on my Upwork profile and bank account. This is the same name that appears on my government issued ID which I submitted for name verification last year. Upon checking my contract with my client, it shows that there is a typographical error with my verified name. How do I request for a review or update on my verified name? Thank you.

Hi Aimee,

I checked your account and I can confirm that your payment method is active and you can withdraw your funds at any time. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I have this same problem. however the names in account and bank are the same. I tried to reach upwork with this issue, in the support area, but the bot gives me a ticket number that when I search for it does not give any result (My Requests area).

Can someone please assist me with this issue?

Thank you!

Hi Antonio,

Your beneficiary name has been approved. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I have the same problem where I've create my profile with my nick name and apon setting up my payment structure I recieved the message: "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account". I've change my name immediately on Tuesday (9 June) but I see the error message still appears. Am I doing something wrong?

Your assistance will be creatly aprreciated

Hi Helena,

Your payment method is now approved, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I have the same issue, Can you please check my issue as well

beneficiary name is mismatched on my account.

My bank account name is Leena Kamal Thakur 

My Upwork Name is Leena Thakur Dudani 

Because I recently got married, So I have added my new last name too 🙂

Kindly check.

Thanks

Thanks

Hi Leena,

Your payment method is now approved, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, It's not approved, I cannot takeout my amount

Please check and let me know

Payment method is not approved till now.

Please check

Hi Leena,

For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three calendar days. You can check this help article for more information.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I deleted my paypal account by mistake, I tried to place the same account and the message came out: "The beneficiary name is mistmatched".

I wanted to delete the account because I have two paypal accounts.

Can I change the account to another with another email address?

For now I put the one that I have always used. How can the problem fixed?

Thanks.

Best regards.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Diego,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
dacomics
Community Member

Thank you!
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths