🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Name Change Request Denied
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078

Hi John,

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

could you help me solve a similar problem?

Hi Andrey,

Our team is currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors as quickly as possible. If there are any issues, one of our team members will notify you about it.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
swapnil66
Community Member

My Payment method has been deactivated and giving message - Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account. Even both are same there I am getting email ID **Edited for community guidelines** which is same email ID on upwork as well paypal.

tushar4499
Community Member

Hello Team

I need to add my company bank account on my profile , please guide me to add it successfully . I had tried once but it saying profile name mismatched

Looking forward

Thanks and regards

Tushar M

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Swapnil and Tushar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your concerns. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
aleksandar_colic
Community Member

Hi, 

I have multiple problems with my account, first of all I was not able to verify payment method via PayPal, cause it says that it's a different name? But, it's the same name on both accounts, also I used that method before just fine. 

Next one, I am not able to get video verification for my account, I open the link that was sent to me via email but it loads the front page it's really really frustrating. 

Can you please help as soon as possible?

Kind regards, 

Aleksandar

Hi Aleksandar,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
nasir124
Community Member

Hi,
I am having account name mismatched with my PayPal account as my account name and email is the same on both upwork and paypal but still getting this error.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reaching out to us, Abdul Nasir.

Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi! Both my name and the email are the same on my Upwork profile and Paypal account, yet Upwork continues to say ''the payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account''. I'd love help in resolving this, thank you!!

Thanks for reaching out to us, Jessica. 

Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have the same problem. Can you solve it ?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andzej,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mina_ouss
Community Member

Hi. I need some help regarding the payment method on this platform. I received a notification from Upwork that I need to replace my payment method, as following:
"Make sure your names match, and be advised of our 3-day hold. When reconnecting your PayPal account you will not be able to withdraw to the account until after a 3-day hold. If you need your funds right away, we recommend that you do not reconnect until after you withdraw those funds. When you reconnect, make sure the name on your payment method matches your name on Upwork."

My issue is, I am connected to a paypal email of one of my siblings, because I don't have my own paypal account yet. So my name does not match the email nor the Paypal account name. Is there a temporary solution to this, until I create my own paypal account? I can't do it right now until I travel and settle down in a new location extr..
Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mina,

To use PayPal, you must make sure that your verified name on Upwork matches the name on your PayPal account. You'll be able to select from an alternative payment method in your account payment options.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
eab7aa76
Community Member

I just created my account with my prefered name, however when I wanted to add my bank account to get paid there was a mismatch because I did not create my account with my legal name.

Can I change my name? Can you help me?

Hi Patricia,

I checked, and I can see that you have already submitted a ticket to our team regarding your concern with your name mismatch. One of our team members will update your ticket to assist you further. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
3bccc938
Community Member

I have my Paypal account name written in Chinese, but my upwork account can not match. What should I do?

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
brianna_gianis
Community Member

Hoping someone can help me out. 

Initially, I added my Payment Method to my account. But my Upwork account had my shortened last name and was therefore not matching my uploaded bank account details with this error.  'The beneficiary name is mismatched'

Therefore, I updated my Freelancer account with my full legal name.

Then I removed my Payment Method and uploaded it again. Now my bank account and freelancer name match, though for months I am still getting this error. 

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

I haven't been able to access any of my payments subsequently. Can anyone help?

Thanks so much, 
Brianna

Hi Brianna,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
kjanak
Community Member

I have Beneficiary name mismatch with my PayPal account. How can I fix this?

kjanak
Community Member

I have the same problem. Please help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jana,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
032b1a9d
Community Member

Hello, I have tried to add my bank account but have received the following:

''Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account"

Do I need to wait for verification or do I need to take further steps? 

Many thanks in advance

Hi Eduard,

One of our agents will reach out to you via ticket to assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
ezzdin_atef
Community Member

Hi,

I tried to add my PayPal account but is not accept it. it tells me that is not matching the name of my account but it's the same as my name and my email and I don't know where is the problem now how to fix it ??

Hi Ezzdin,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
f14shm4n
Community Member

I got next issue on my account: "The beneficiary name is mismatched.", need help from Upwork support.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Artem,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork
sprem
Community Member

Hi,

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated
But my upwork account name and my bank account name is same.
Can you please check my issue?

Hi S.Prem,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
r_silovskiy
Community Member

Hi! I've added payment method but recieved this message:"Your PayPal has been added Name on PayPal (**Edited for Community Guidelines**) does not match your name."

**Edited for Community Guidelines** - is my email address on PayPal.

But my actual name is similar to my Upwork account.

Could you please help my with this issue?

Hi Ruslan,

Please allow more time for our team to review the name mismatch and notify you of the outcome.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
1fb795a1
Community Member

Hi, I'm a web developer from Taiwan. My payment method is deactivated because the names don't match on Upwork and Paypal. I use English name on Upwork, but Chinese name on Paypal.

I was trying to get a real-person support to manually verify my payment(if it's possible), but I don't seem to have the permission to send direct message to a real support agent.

If I'm not allowed to get access to a support agent, is there any approach that I can do to help myself solve the issue?

Hi Jerry,

Please allow our team some time to review your account. They will reach out to you directly if they more information from you to complete their review. Thank you for your patience. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
6869ddd2
Community Member

My name change request was denied. I created an account using my google account, and my google name(which is my nickname) was automatically saved. I tried changing the name to my actual name but the request was denied. I want to add my name, so that I can add my payment method. Please help
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork
maria_scince
Community Member

I added Paypal and get error - The beneficiary name is mismatched. 
 Though my name on Upwork -**Edited for community guidelines**and an paypal similar name on

**Edited for community guidelines**

Can you help me? I cant get my money.......

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths