cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beneficiary name is mismatched

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
711 of 895

Hi Nahla,

I followed up with the team handling your case and you should be all set now. However, please note that in order to make your withdrawal method active and withdraw earnings, you need to complete the W8BEN Foreign Status Certification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Mohamed A Member Since: Aug 20, 2020
712 of 895
My beneficiary name says it doesn't match my account name. The only difference is the letter u in first name, and there is no other dispute, and I really want to solve this problem as soon as possible
713 of 895

Hi Mohamed,

Kindly allow up to 24 hours for the team to review the name mismatch. If any further steps are needed from your end, they'll let you know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Michele R Member Since: Oct 2, 2020
714 of 895

Hi All,

When I added my LLC name to get paid, I got this message:

"The name on your payment account ...did not meet the criteria for acceptance because the name in your Upwork account is different than the name on the payment account." The message also requested documenation for review, 

The message continued "Please submit your articles of incorporation using this secure link". That link  took me to the identity verification page which says "we noticed your name has changed on your account" and asks for docs such as driver's license etc., (which of course, I originally submitted upon account setup. I am not trying to change my account name, just have the company name included on the client invoice and get paid through the LLC.

Please advise on whether I can use this link to also submit incorporation docs without changing my account name.  

Thanks!

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
715 of 895

Hi Michele,

I checked your account, and I can see that our team reached out to you already about your payment account name. One of our agents will update your ticket to assist you further. Here's your ticket number: 30283408. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Alexis P Member Since: Mar 31, 2020
716 of 895

Hi,

I've seen this question in the forum and it seems like I need help from someone in customer service directly.

I registered as an LLC and want to add my business bank account. However the page says that my name on my Upwork profile and the name on the bank account must match. My bank account shows the name of my business.

Can someone help me add this new business bank account?

Thanks!

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
717 of 895

Hi Alexis,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Chiung Yi C Member Since: Nov 28, 2020
718 of 895

I am currently trying to add my business bank account to my profile and I am receiving an error because the name of my business does not match my personal name. The help pages say that I have to contact support but it just took me here. What should my next steps be?

719 of 895

Hi Chiung Yi,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the name mismatch.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Allison D Member Since: Nov 27, 2020
720 of 895

My beneficiary name says it doesn't match my account name. The only difference is that my ID has my middle name on it. There is no place to update my middle name in my profile. What should I do? Also I haven't been virtually ID'd and the ticket says it's been solved. This is so frustrating.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS