🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Can't link PayPal account with Upwork acc...
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078
417ddb0f
Community Member

My payment method says "Requires verification. Contact customer support" but I can't access the support page. After the page is loaded it redirects me to the job page.

The freelancer is waiting for his payment.

Hi Nuri,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
417ddb0f
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

The ticket page also redirects to the job page, so I can't see it.

Hi Nuri,

Could you please try to access your support ticket using this link? Additionally, you can check your email and communicate on your support ticket through there. Let me know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
df490e6d
Community Member

Same here. Can't access any support articles without being redirected to the main support's page.
I need to verify my identify again, because I my payment method is not matching my name.

Hi Neca,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
pythonraspiguy
Community Member

hello !

i got a notification from upwork noticing that i've earned an Identity Verified badge for my profile, and than after 3 to 4 hours i got a notification noticing that my payment account name does not match my name on upwork

i just want to inform that here in Lebanon we don't have access to PayPal, this service is not available in Lebanon, for this reason i am using my sister account of Paypal for the billing process, she has the same family name as mine so i don't know why it is important after getting my ID verified to have the name of upwork as the same one on my payment method

Hi Ibrahim,

To set up payment to your bank or payment account, you must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on that account, or demonstrate that you are authorized by the business to do so. The listed name on the account must match your verified name on Upwork. 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with this.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
nahla22
Community Member

Hi ,
I have a problem in linking my PayPal account to my Upwork account. Although my name on Upwork is the same name on PayPal , there is a problem "the beneficiary name doesn't match " . I had done Identity verification with my national ID which is in Arabic . How can I solve this?

Hi Nahla,

I followed up with the team handling your case and you should be all set now. However, please note that in order to make your withdrawal method active and withdraw earnings, you need to complete the W8BEN Foreign Status Certification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

My beneficiary name says it doesn't match my account name. The only difference is the letter u in first name, and there is no other dispute, and I really want to solve this problem as soon as possible

Hi Mohamed,

Kindly allow up to 24 hours for the team to review the name mismatch. If any further steps are needed from your end, they'll let you know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
mcrobbins
Community Member

Hi All,

When I added my LLC name to get paid, I got this message:

"The name on your payment account ...did not meet the criteria for acceptance because the name in your Upwork account is different than the name on the payment account." The message also requested documenation for review, 

The message continued "Please submit your articles of incorporation using this secure link". That link  took me to the identity verification page which says "we noticed your name has changed on your account" and asks for docs such as driver's license etc., (which of course, I originally submitted upon account setup. I am not trying to change my account name, just have the company name included on the client invoice and get paid through the LLC.

Please advise on whether I can use this link to also submit incorporation docs without changing my account name.  

Thanks!

Hi Michele,

I checked your account, and I can see that our team reached out to you already about your payment account name. One of our agents will update your ticket to assist you further. Here's your ticket number: 30283408. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
alexis_pellek
Community Member

Hi,

I've seen this question in the forum and it seems like I need help from someone in customer service directly.

I registered as an LLC and want to add my business bank account. However the page says that my name on my Upwork profile and the name on the bank account must match. My bank account shows the name of my business.

Can someone help me add this new business bank account?

Thanks!

Hi Alexis,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
cyc_design
Community Member

I am currently trying to add my business bank account to my profile and I am receiving an error because the name of my business does not match my personal name. The help pages say that I have to contact support but it just took me here. What should my next steps be?

Hi Chiung Yi,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the name mismatch.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
c5ddcc7a
Community Member

My beneficiary name says it doesn't match my account name. The only difference is that my ID has my middle name on it. There is no place to update my middle name in my profile. What should I do? Also I haven't been virtually ID'd and the ticket says it's been solved. This is so frustrating.

Hi Allison,

I shared your concerns with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you Aleksandar! 

ankurmehta907
Community Member

Hi there,

For certain reasons, I wish to withdraw my Upwork fund from my individual account to my company's bank account which is owned by me.

I understand how Upwork verify their account legislation, because of that it is not possible to verify my company's bank account, as my name which is given here will not match with the name of my company's account, although I got all the supportive documents to prove that I'm the director of the company.

So I just want a solution through which I can get my payments directly transferred to my company's bank account by verifying my ownership.

Hi Ankur,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with setting up your company account as a payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey Goran,

No one has reached me as of now, Can you please let me know when can I expect the same?

Hi Ankur,

I checked your tickets and I can see that our team has already reached out to you via ticket with number 28351410. You can access your tickets on this Link and follow the instructions listed on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

can you assist me with it as well?

Hi Shahanur,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
oljademe
Community Member

Hi,

I have the same issue with my company verification vs. my Upwork profile name. After I put in the details of my company (solely owned company by me - but of course having an official company name, not my own as it is on my ID card) to the "Get Paid" part, I received a message "Your payment account name does not match your name on Upwork". I completed the steps in the provided link of additional verification, uploaded my ID card again and the Articles of Incorporation for my company (both comp. name and my personal as only owner on it), but received the same message again.

What I found strange while providing the requested additional document was the fact that although the email stated that an Article of Incorporation should be provided for my case, following the steps on the provided link, the only type of documents listed was various bank statements.

Could you please check my account and provide me with some feedback?

Thank you!

Hi Orsolya,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
oljademe
Community Member

Thank you, and also just an update - no support ticket yet:(

Hi Orsolya,

I apologize for any confusion. I checked and it looks like your name mismatch has already been approved! 

If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello I am looking for same solution.

Hi,

I also have created a business and would like to add my company bank account as a payment method as well.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Giang Nguyen

Hi Nguyen,

To set up payment to your bank or payment account, you must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on that account, or demonstrate that you are authorized by the business to do so. The listed name on the account must match your verified name on Upwork. I suggest that you add the account, wait up to 24 hours for our team to review the name mismatch and they'll let you know of further steps.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Now, I cannot receive my money in my bank account for fake reasons. Although all the conditions required from this site have been met, and I did not get 5 days after the transfer, in addition to the money that I requested to transfer, it was not returned to the site. I want this problem to end with any problem because this is nonsense

Hi Mohamed,

I checked and I can see that you've replied to the support ticket that's created for your case. Please, note that our team responds to tickets in the order they were received and they should be getting back to you soon. Kindly communicate through that ticket if you have any questions so that the team can assist you more effectively.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
pixalion
Community Member

Hi guys,
I am currently having a major problem and I need help ASAP.
My payment method was rejected because it says that the name from Upwork doesn't match the name from Paypal. It's the person, under the same email adress that I used for years now.

Now my account either need's to be reverified ( again since I already did this 2 times ) and it remains the issue with my paypal account.

I have active clients and money that I need to take out and I am really stuck with this. Can you please help?

Also, there is no clear way of getting in touch with customer support. The link that you have on Upwork does not work.

Thanks,

Sergiu

P.S. I'm sorry if I sound upset, I am more concerned because atm this is my only income source, so please get the urgency 🙂 thanks

Hi Sergiu,

Kindly allow up to 24 hours for the team to review the name mismatch. If any further steps are needed from your end, they'll let you know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

OMG! Thanks A LOT ! 🙂 Sure, let me know if I need to give you guys
anything, I'm here 🙂

Thanks
ana_claudia-souz
Community Member

Hi, I have an issue with The beneficiary name is mismatched, How to proceed?

Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths