cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Name mismatch

96bc9105
Sudip K Member Since: Feb 24, 2021
41 of 1,347

One of the members from the Upwork support team told me it would work if I change my Upwork profile name to the one in the bank account. It hasn't worked at all.   I know it's the punctuation problem in my name- "Sudip K.C."  But I am unable to get help from neither the bank nor the Upwork team. I have tried to transfer funds three times but it has failed all the time. Can anyone from the support team help me personally and point out where the problem is? Thanks.

P.S. I have just contacted my bank and they said they can't put the name with punctuation. So the name on my bank is "Sudip KC"  On the other hand the name on my government ID is "Sudip K.C. " I have just read that the Upwork support team can solve this problem manually.  Can you please help me with this?

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
42 of 1,347

Hi Sudip,

I checked and it looks like you already created a support ticket. Please allow a bit more time for the team to review your account and follow up with you accordingly. You'll be notified of their response.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
nasruansari07
Nasrudeen a Member Since: Feb 13, 2021
43 of 1,347

My paypal payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my paypal account--- actually i don't have my surname in my all goverment issued ID that's why i have used only my name without surname please help

Thank you!

**Edited for community guidelines**

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
44 of 1,347

Hi Nasrudeen,

Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Untitled
matt-hayrapetyan
Matt H Member Since: Dec 27, 2019
45 of 1,347

Hi there,I just filled my wire transfer information and there is a mismatch in names.For upwork profile I used "Matt" as my first name because it's recognized name variation of "Matevos".I read a post which states you can manually approve my payment profile if I used a recognized name variation.Thank you.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
46 of 1,347

Hi Matt,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

Untitled
e4ef809b
Abdelhalim A Member Since: Feb 21, 2021
47 of 1,347

My name is Abdel Halim **Edited for Community Guidelines**
But I write it in two ways
First.
Abdelhalim **Edited for Community Guidelines**
And the second
Abdel Halim **Edited for Community Guidelines**
one with space and one with out space
so when i attach paypal to upwork
the name dosn't match

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
48 of 1,347

Hi Abdelhalim,

To set up payment to your bank or payment account, you must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on that account, or demonstrate that you are authorized by the business to do so. The listed name on the account must match your verified name on Upwork. 

I suggest that you allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They'll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
e7bdd17e
Moaaz K Member Since: May 24, 2020
49 of 1,347

please I have the same issue can you check it 

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
50 of 1,347

Hi Moaaz,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS