🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078

Hey help me, even I'm facing this problem ,I think it's bcoz my first name in my bank a/c is 'K P' but in my UpWork it's 'Kp' . I have changed my first name to 'K p' in UpWork , it's showing your name change request is under review.

Will this help in solving my problem.

Hi Kp,

Please allow up to 3 days for your name change request to be reviewed. Once this the review is completed our team will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

HI! I have the same problem!

I tried to fill my Get Paid method but the error "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account. " appeared.

My PayPal account and my Upwork account have the same name. I dont understand what is happening.

Your help will be appreciated!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Miguel.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, My name is Jacqueline Redondo. My payment details is Paypal and the name there is Jacqueline Mariano Redondo and I am getting a prompt saying "The beneficiary name is mismatched". Do I have to change my name to match my Paypal? I am confused. 

Hi Jacqueline,

Your Upwork name needs to be your full legal name and also needs to match the name on your payment method as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, so I should change my Upwork name into the name on my Paypal? to match them? can I do that? thanks

Hi Jacqueline,

Yes you can submit a name change request at any time by going to Settings > Contact Info and updating your name. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Okay. Thank you so much for your help 🙂

Hi Goran,

I have the same issue in my account, the names and the emails in Upwork and PayPal are the same, but still deactivated. What can I do?

Hi Brian,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

same prob, it is showing but my name is same

Hi Milan,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account

My full name is just one word, Nurochim.
it not have last name, but in account freelance is it a must to have last name.

and my bank account name is just as simple as my name, used only one word

Your assistance will be creatly aprreciated

Thank you!

Hi Nurochim,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

HI, I have been using the same paypal account for upwork for a while now but I had to update my credit card and now Im experiencing an issue with name match, how can I fix this?

Hi Diego,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

Hi Rajalingam,

I followed up with the team and the name mismatch was already resolved. However, you need to allow 3 days for the withdrawal method to become active.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have the same problem, same profile names on both paypal and upwork but the mismatch keep on popping out. Please help

Hi Petro,

Please allow 3 days for our team to review. If our team requires more information from you, they will reach out to you directly. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
b252936d
Community Member

Thanks i will be waiting
b252936d
Community Member

Still not working

Hi Petro,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having problems with this. One of our agents already reached out via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

My Upwork Account name is Raaid **Edited for Community Guidelines** and my Bank account name is **Edited for Community Guidelines** and I got "The beneficiary name is mismatched" then I have updated my Upwork name Raaid **Edited for Community Guidelines** to **Edited for Community Guidelines** and it shows your updated changes are in review so, let me know after changes Payment method will approve or not?

Hi Raaid,

I checked with the team and you should be all set now. Your name change was approved and the name mismatch on your payment method resolved. You just need to allow 3 days for the withdrawal method to become active. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi! I’m getting the same error. Please help.

Hi Dennell, 

I checked your account, and it looks like you recently added a payment method to your account.  Please know that it takes about 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll tell you if any further steps are required from you.

~ Avery
Upwork

May I know if my bank details are correct? Coz I’m not sure why it’s
showing as mismatched.

I'm sorry, but I will not be able to confirm that information, Dennell, because this information is encrypted. 

Please know that this is a standard process and should be resolved after 48 hours. If there are issues, you will receive an email support ticket with more information. 

Hopefully, there will be no issues once the review is complete. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I am having similar problem , after I have setup payment method getting messages says " beneficiary name missmatch" please suggest me what should I do next, should I wait for 3 days ?

Hi Kalpesh,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have the same issue please help

Hi Amanda,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

I'm having same problem, do i have to wait for three days as well ??

My account name and Bank account is not the same, but the user is the same thats me,

"Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

what i have to do now?

Hi Meadul,

The team will assist you with the beneficiary name mismatch on your account shortly. I also see that you've submitted a support request about this. You'll also receive an update via the ticket.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

I am facing same issue 'your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.'
Past few months i was able to transfer the found but now it suddenly got deactivated.

Kindly help me on with this issue

Hi Srisabari,

Our team will update your payment method as well and you will be able to use it shortly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, i have the same problem with verification. Can you help me please ? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths