🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Payment method failed because i changed m...
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078
ff2a0c2f
Community Member

I don't have a last name on my National ID, and that's why I'm facing problem "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

Hi Rejhu,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
kopch
Community Member

Hello! I get notification about my paypal acount that "The beneficiary name is mismatched". I entered my name on Upwork in English (as in my international passport) and in Paypal i put my name in Russian, so what should i do with this situation? Help me please!

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sergey,

I checked with the team and the name mismatch was already approved. For your security, you need to allow 3 days for this withdrawal method to become active. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello! I get notification about my paypal acount that "The beneficiary name is mismatched". I entered my name on Upwork in English (as in my international passport) and in Paypal i put my name in Russian, so what should i do with this situation? Help me please!

Hi Dmitry,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
pasinduuuu
Community Member

Hello,

Good day to all.I'm from Sri Lanka and I added my local bank details to get my funds transfered to my bank account. I added my benificiary name with Initials **Edited for Community Guidelines** while my upwork account contains only first and last name (Pasindu **Edited for Community Guidelines**) which I normally use, Due to this mismatch they have asked for Identity verifivation and our government ID comes in local language (sinhala) also it does not cantain an expiriy date, So I cannot submit my ID for verification. What is the best way to solve this matter?

Looking forward for help

Thank You

Hi Pasindu,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi. I had the same problem. Post a comment Just follow the guidelines they
send you. It gets sorted easily. Good luck.
Tina Lawlor Mottram
pageupnow
Community Member

i was a finally able to login to my freelancer account at **Edited for community guidelines**. I am now getting a "beneficiary name is mismatched" for my paypal account. The name on paypal is the same as the name on freelancer.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Schweitzer,

Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thanks for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
stanislav30ser
Community Member

All the data is entered correctly,what could be the reason?

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Stanislav,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
arnabal-cesar
Community Member

Hello,

My name here is Cesar Arnabal and my name on paypal is César Eduardo Arnábal.

When I added paypal as payment method, it says the beneficiary name is mismatched.

Do I need to change my name on account?

Thanks

Hi Cesar,

It looks like your beneficiary name has been accepted. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
komalverma0513
Community Member

Hello, I am adding my payment method but since legally i don't have any last name I put same name twice and i received notification that my name and bank name is not matching. and that is the reason i used my last name on Upwork but on all doucments I don't have last name. Let me know how to proceed further. 

Thanks!

Komal

Hi Komal,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello, I need a manual name review as the beneficiary name is mismatched for my PayPal account, 

Hi Martine,

I checked and it looks like your PayPal payment method was added successfully. For security reasons, any PayPal account added to your Upwork account will become active after three days.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
dani_arch
Community Member

Hey yall new to upwork setting up my paypal, im being hit with the Paypal name not matching the upwork name problemo. I was told to post here an that it would be resolved pronto.

Cheers

Hi Dani,

Please allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
haykpp
Community Member

Hello

I've connected my ACH bank account to upwork get paid payment option. but it is showing *The beneficiary name* is mismatched. I double checked. it matches my name. Anyone can help...?

Thanks.

Hi Hayk,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
8dcabc86
Community Member

Hello!

Please help me solve th proplem with "The beneficiary name is mismathed".

I am trying to connect PayPal to receive payments, but this error appears.

In PayPal, my name is written in Russian, which is probably why this error appears.

Please help to solve this problem

Have a nice day!

Hi Aleksey,

I checked with the team and the name mismatch is now resolved. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

Thank you so much

brindha201705
Community Member

Hi, I have an issue with  The beneficiary name is mismatched, I'm pretty sure the details in the bank statement and my account is the same but why this issue comes up?   thank you

Hi Brindha,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
yepezjose462
Community Member

Hello I'm José

I've been having issues with my paypal account it's verified with my name José  **Edited for Community Guidelines**but here in Uphold i have the same name so i don't know why it's telling me that The beneficiary name is mismatched.

What do i need to do? i waited more than 3 days, deleted the account and added it again but with no avail.

I'll appreciate your help

Thanks.

Hi José,

I checked and it looks like the name mismatch was already cleared. Since you recently re-added your payment method, it's currently under verification now and should become active in three days. You can check this by going to Settings> Get paid and find the date that's right below your preferred payment method. You can check this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
findme21
Community Member

My full name is Rivaldo mark Frans Valentino tumbelaka but in upwork I use the username valentino rivaldo, how should I solve this problem? i want to withdraw money from wise

Hi Rivaldo,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
b0c2575a
Community Member

Hi! I got a beneficiary name mismatched notification when I added my PayPal account. My surname is Cañete and I noticed that as I fill up my profile, you do not allow us to use "ñ" and I think that could be the problem since I used "ñ" in my Paypal. Please Help me. Thank you.

Hello Jokshan,

I see that your beneficiary name is already approved on your Upwork account. In order to withdraw earnings, please complete a W8BEN Foreign Status Certification. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
orenese
Community Member

Hi!

My Paypal was rejected here with the notion that the beneficiary name on Paypal is not matching the profile name here on Upwork. The thing is it does match, but:

a. in Paypal my name is written in Russian, while in Upwork it's in English;

b. my paypal.me/ link has my maiden name in it since the account was created before I got married. After I got married, I've changed my personal information, but the paypal.me/ link is not subject to change according to Paypal rules.

Can any of the above be the reason why it doesn't get verified?

Thanks in advance.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Irina,

Please be patient for up to 72 hours for the review on your payment method to be finished. If you're still experiencing any problems after this, feel free to follow up here and I will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It's not that I've just added my payment account. The problem is that it's been rejected 2 times already, that's why I started looking for the reasons and other options. Payoneer is not functioning in my country, my only option is Paypal, so I'm trying to figure out my next step. 

Hi Irina,

I checked with the team and the name mismatch has already been resolved. However, you need to allow 3 days since you added the payment method in order for it to become active. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
msheini
Community Member

Having a hard time getting paid because my new married name does not match my name on the bank account or paypal. Is there a quick way to move forward here? I do not understand why the names need to match completely for me to be verified. Why does this matter. Please help. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reaching out, Mollie.

Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths