🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Himel,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you or reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi I'm having the same problem. I don't have a bank account so my family provides the PayPal account for me to get paid. How can I solve this? I have a deadline a I dont know what to do.

Thanks in advance. 

Hi Milena,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

I'm having same problem. What should I do? Please help.

Hi Abdullah,

In order to make your withdrawal method active and access your earnings, you need to complete the W-8BEN form. The form is used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. You can do that by going to the Settings > Tax Information page.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello!

My beneficiary name is mismatched, What can I do to fix this?

Hi Mohamed,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am receiving the same error and can't find a way to contact Upwork directly. I literally copied and pasted my account name into the payment name. Yet, still I am getting: Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

Hi Leah,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Dear Goran

I am in the same difficulty and very unhappy. I am in the process of completing 2 contracts so what I need to know is how to edit my name details on my account please. I wish this had been explained when I signed up? My experience on Upwork has been fantastic so far and I really do not want to be annoyed because I just can't get paid, despite the amounts being shown in my account. Please help.

Thanks.

Tina

Tina Lawlor Mottram

Hi Serpentina,

If you would like to update your profile name you will need to go to Settings > Contact Info and simply update your name.
One of our team members will also reach out to you via ticket and will assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you Goran

Tina Lawlor Mottram

Hi Goran V. I have the same problem, because I don't have last name on my National ID.

I have the same problem. What I need to do? Please help.

Hi Parvesh,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I intially had my acocunt on my name. 

Now I want the deposit to come in my business acount. 

But when I add the bank details it says 

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

Please guide what needs to be done. 

Hi Akshay,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have the same problem; please let me know what I need to do to receive my money. I created 3 different Paypal accounts, and the name does not match; I do not know why. 

Hi Cristina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and your name mismatch error should no be removed from your account. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Im having the same problem even though ive hcanged my upwork name with government identification and it still says mismatched can someone help me please?

Hi Pison,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your name and your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have this similar problem, I changed the name which is already changed on upwork but when I add bank, it shows the old name and therefore its a mismatch. Please any solutions.

Hi, I am having trouble getting paid. 

Beneficiary name is mismatched

Is the error i get, I am married wiht a joint bank account, my wife's name is listed before mine, I am imagining this is the problem.  Looking for guidance.   I am an authroized user, my name is on the checks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jonathan.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Im having the same problem even though my upwork name and my bank account name are the same as my government identification and it still says mismatched can someone help me please?!
it's really annoying and I had a poor experience with the upwork's chat bot assistant. I need a direct chat with someone real to solve my problem please.

Hi Hojjat and Belal,

Please allow 48 hours for our team to review the name mismatch. If any further information is needed they will reach out to you directly via support ticket.

~Andrea
Upwork

kindely solve my problem my email id is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Sudarshan,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They'll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

hi! I have replied earlier but I am not sure if it went through, I am having the same issue as the subject matter. I have read the documentations, but it seems there is no means of reaching the support team, how do I contact the support team?

What do I do at this point? it is really confusing.

I have everything matching in my profile, and even withdrawn without issues in the past.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abiodun,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I have a similar problem, changed my name on my account so that its identical to my PayPal account. But I still get the notification that Payment method verification in progress Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account. Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

Can you please assist me? Thank you

Hi Cecile,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch and reach out if there are further steps needed from your end.

~Andrea
Upwork

I am having the same problem please let me know what to do!

Hi Mohamed,

Please, allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ad3a40b5
Community Member

I have waited but it still tells me that the names missmatch, what should i do now?

Hello Mohamed,

Thank you for your message.

I am sorry to hear that your payment method was not approved. I am pleased to inform you that our team has reviewed your request again and your payment method has been approved now. It will be active after 3 days.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

I have same issue, I really don't know how to figure it out. However, I already change my name they actually same but when register I using "Aang Kunaefi" but my ID and bank account "A'ang Kunaefi", so there are a single quote in the name.

Can you please take a look for my account and confirm that I already did in correct way?

Hello A'ang,

Thank you for your message.

Your payment method has been approved and will be active after 3 days.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello!

I have waited for 3 days now and it still tells me that the names missmatched. What should i do?

i have the same issue ,how do fix this?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths