🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Beneficiary name mismatch
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078

Hi i get the same notice although i've been withdrawing money from the account since i started Upwork. Please help it's been 3 days

Hi Kavindi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

i have the same issue

Hi Bon Jovi,

Please allow up to 3 days for the verification on your payment method to be completed. If you're still experiencing any problems after this, feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My name is Tatiana  **Edited for Community Guidelines** and I have the same problem, I already received my first payment and I have not asked to transfer my money to PayPal.

Hi Tatiana,

Please, allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

i have the exact problem!

Hi Jennifer,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
pqr7
Community Member

I have a problem with PayPal Payment method verification

On my PayPal account my first and last name are in cyrilic letters: Мязин Петр Витальевич

But Upwork only allows english letters in name, so I am "Myazin Petr"

So I've got an error: "The beneficiary name on the payment method you added doesn't match the name on your Upwork account. This match is required."

Can you help to solve it?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Petr,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They'll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I've got the same problem with cyrillic letters in my PayPal account.

Hi Elena,

Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
4b77f5f6
Community Member

Both of my names are the same on my Paypal  and Upwork account,  i use the same email and have waited for more than a month  and still nothing, i want to withdraw the money that i have earn, but still the same message:

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

Hope you can help me.
thank you

Hi Andres,

I checked and it looks like you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please check your ticket and follow the instructions provided by our team to approve the payment method. You can access your ticket from the notification sent to your email address and also here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
96bc9105
Community Member

Hi there,

The name I use in my bank account is " Sudip K.C.  " 

I have been using Sudip KC on Upwork.  When I tried to transfer funds to the bank, I got an email later saying Invalid Beneficiary name. It must be due to the punctuation mismatch. What should I do now? Should I change my Upwork name to Sudip K.C.  and try to get paid? Will it work? Kindly guide me through this, please.

Thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Sudip and Behnam.

I’ve escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
96bc9105
Community Member

One of the members from the Upwork support team told me it would work if I change my Upwork profile name to the one in the bank account. It hasn't worked at all.   I know it's the punctuation problem in my name- "Sudip K.C."  But I am unable to get help from neither the bank nor the Upwork team. I have tried to transfer funds three times but it has failed all the time. Can anyone from the support team help me personally and point out where the problem is? Thanks.

P.S. I have just contacted my bank and they said they can't put the name with punctuation. So the name on my bank is "Sudip KC"  On the other hand the name on my government ID is "Sudip K.C. " I have just read that the Upwork support team can solve this problem manually.  Can you please help me with this?

Hi Sudip,

I checked and it looks like you already created a support ticket. Please allow a bit more time for the team to review your account and follow up with you accordingly. You'll be notified of their response.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

My upwork account name that is my legal name is Srushti **Edited for Community Guidelines** while my bank account name is ATS THREE. If I update my profile name then there is identity verification problem and if I don't change the name then beneficiary name mismatch problem in Direct to Local Bank setup. 

What should I do.. Any kind of help will be greatful.

Regards,

Srushti **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Srushti,

Please refer to the email our team sent you a couple of hours ago regarding the name mismatch of your payment method and follow up on the link to upload the necessary documents.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

My paypal payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my paypal account--- actually i don't have my surname in my all goverment issued ID that's why i have used only my name without surname please help

Thank you!

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Nasrudeen,

Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Dears, 

My name on Upwork is Mohamed Samir, but my PayPal account is Mohamed Samier and i want to know what should I do to resolve this issue?

many thanks in advance! 

BR,

Mohamed Samir

Hi Mohamed,

Feel free to add your PayPal account and allow 72 hours for the review to be completed. If any additional information is needed, our team will reach out to you directly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Done, Thanks Goran! 

Hello, 

I also experience this kind of issue even though my verified name on upwork and my name on my bank account are the same. Please someone assist me with this issue.

Hello Kathleen,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear that your funds were returned earlier. I checked and this was mainly due to invalid bank details. I see that you have add a payment method again and the same is already accepted and active now. Could you please try withdrawing your funds again? Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi.

I have already withdrawn my funds for the third time now and all my bank details are correct the same as the last ones that's why I don't understand why it keeps on getting failed. My funds also dercreased due to the withdraw fees and I can't even refund it. Please help me with this and make sure that this withdrawal will not be rejected again.

Hi Kathlene, 

Thank you for following up. I checked and it looks like you already have a support ticket regarding the issue you are experiencing. You may see this ticket marked as Solved but if you have any further questions or if you need further assistance feel free to reply directly on the ticket. This will reopen the ticket and our team will be happy to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I’m still getting the same error “beneficiary name mismatch” even though i have the same name in my upwork and bank account. I raised my concern last week but im only seeing solved on the ticket but until now im getting the same error message

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hello Ann,

Thank you for contacting us.

Your payment methods are approved now and will be active after 3 days. 

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork
Community Member

Hello, 

I also experience this kind of issue even though my verified name on upwork and my name on my bank account are the same. Please someone assist me with this issue.

Thank you.

Hi Kathlene, 

Please allow up to 72 hours for the review on your new payment method to be completed. If additional information is needed, our team will reach out to you directly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Alright, thank you so much.

Greetings! I have a problem with my funds transfer. This is already my second time to withdraw my funds directly to my bank since the first time stated that it was failed. My second transfer was processed last Oct 27 and is expected to come until Nov 1, but I still haven't received my funds yet. I have already contacted my bank and they said that no transaction has come today. Please assist me with my withdrawal, It's allready five days.

Hi Kathlene,

Please keep in mind that It can take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. To learn more about this, check out this Help Article. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

I am also having the same problem. The first time I joined Upwork, I used a different name. But I have changed it to my real name and it still says it's a mismatched. Please help me with this. Thank you.

Hi Nino,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

I have the same problem. It states that "The beneficiary name is mismatched." however, I haven't done any changes to my account recently. 

Before, I can withdraw anytime because I have no problems with my payment method. I haven't done any changes to my account recently and I am shocked and confused as to why I am getting an error message like this.

"Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account." 

Can someone please help me out? Is there someone I can talk to about this?

Hi Arizha Nicole,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths