🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Name mismatch
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078
067bde83
Community Member

Good work Facebook
rose2594
Community Member

Hi can you help me with my concern? 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rose Anne, 

Is there anything I can help you with? 

~ Avery
Upwork

I also set up my local bank account and it shows the same issue "beneficiary name mismatch" can you help me with this too?

Hi! So I also set up my local bank account and it says the same issue. Can you help me with this? Thank you so much!

Hi Ivhegayle,

Your payment methods are already accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi everyone,
My payment details have been deactivated because of name mismatch, but the names are the same. I didn't use nickname or change my legal name. Please help.

Hi Ejim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
0a0fd63e
Community Member

Thank you Nikola! Thanks so much.
matt-hayrapetyan
Community Member

Hi there,I just filled my wire transfer information and there is a mismatch in names.For upwork profile I used "Matt" as my first name because it's recognized name variation of "Matevos".I read a post which states you can manually approve my payment profile if I used a recognized name variation.Thank you.

Hi Matt,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My name is Abdel Halim **Edited for Community Guidelines**
But I write it in two ways
First.
Abdelhalim **Edited for Community Guidelines**
And the second
Abdel Halim **Edited for Community Guidelines**
one with space and one with out space
so when i attach paypal to upwork
the name dosn't match

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Abdelhalim,

To set up payment to your bank or payment account, you must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on that account, or demonstrate that you are authorized by the business to do so. The listed name on the account must match your verified name on Upwork. 

I suggest that you allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They'll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

please I have the same issue can you check it 

Hi Moaaz,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, 

I am new to Upwork, i created my profile long time ago but came to upwork back recently.
The name which I used is my Nick name , and the same thing has happened, I have real happy clients who wish to work with me and I am working nights ! 

When I went to upload the bank details the Sir name does not matches.

My profile also has a blue tick near the name showing that I verified my IDs and Visuals as well.

I am really worried,It says the name does not matches.
I have also applied to change my Sir Name on Upwork.

It is a request could you please please please look for this, I am really worried! 
And if it will take days to resolve I will have no work to do ! 

Please help ! 

Hi Pramil,

I checked and it looks like your payment method is active and you should be able to use it. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you are still seeing name mismatch notification on your end? 

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola

I have same problem.

Upwork says my local bank get paid method deactivated because of beneficiary name.

Problem can be that my surname is Sözen. On identity card it is like that.

But in upwork it is as Sozen.

Doesnt accept ö.

Problem can be that ?

How can i solve ?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vedat, 

It looks like you have already filed a ticket for the same concern. I will follow up with the team handling your support ticket so that they can reach out to you and assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi,

I have had the same problem with my name. I have since updated my profile name and name on linked account . But I have had the message that the names didn't match.

Please help me with the issue. I have my ID verified. But I have payments withheld for some time which I need soon to cover my daily expenses. 

Thanks for help in advance.

Regards

Shalbh

Hi Shalbh,

Thank you for your message. I'm pleased to inform you that your payment method is approved and will be active after 3 days.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Hello I am facing the same problem regarding the name mismatch. Can you please do the needful.?

Hi Tanisha,

Thank you for your message. It looks like you have added a payment method that is completely different from your verified name on Upwork. Please note that you need to have a payment method that matches your verified name on Upwork. Our team has already notified you on the same on your registered email address as well.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello sir

The added payment method has got the same name as my upwork account name. If you could help me further with this issue ,I would be grateful.

Hi Tanisha,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

hello,

i am having the same trouble with my account in my case name on my bank details and the name on my Upwork account are same. i have already withdrawn payments from Upwork more than 3-4 times

to the same local bank account. but now my payment method is deactivated. i don't know what to do now.

Hello Kuldip,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradip
thank you for the help.I can see it is active now.
Thank you.
Kuldip.

I have had the same problem with my payment method and my account name. Actually I've used this method at least three times before and I had no trouble at all. Now I can't withdraw because of 'The beneficiary name is mismatched' error. I'd appreciate it, If you can help me with that. 

Hi Percem,

Your name mismatch has been cleared.

~Andrea
Upwork
2445178d
Community Member

I still have issue with same issue   The beneficiary name is mismatched

edb5a83b
Community Member

Hi there, I'm having the same problem. I actually took a break since last year, but nothing changed to my profile. I used to withdraw my balance successfully before without any problem, now I added a new bank account with new account number that I just opened last year it's still the same. I thought the problem is my old bank account because that was my old payroll account few years ago. Can somebody help me about this?

Hi Jared Joshua,

This should now be fixed. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi

I had the same problem with my name but I am not change andy name or account details. it showing The beneficiary name is mismatched but I am not change any  thing in my accoutn.

please helop me whit htis issue

thank you

best regard

minhazur

Hi Minhazur,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

thnak's for your help now it active

thank you

Hi Upwork community, I have the same problem on my account with beneficiary name, but my profile is ID verified already, can you please help me?
Thanks

Hi Bekir,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and your name mismatch is now approved.

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
163d916f
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Can I also get some help with this too please?

Thank you,
Jamie

Hi Jamie,

I have requested the assistance of our team. Please allow our team time to review and have this sorted out for you. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths