🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: "Beneficiary name on your payment method ...
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078

I have this Notification Saying

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

How do i fix this? Thanks in advance

This is the message that appears on "Get Paid" section from settings.

Spoiler
Payment method verification in progress
Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

Also, I submitted a ticket using the chat in the bottom-right corner of the support page yesterday. It informed me that the ticket had been submitted, but no new ticket appeared on the My Request page.

Hi Bendee and Paul,

The team will review and will have this resolved as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
7257c7f7
Community Member

Hello there,

Thank you for verifying my primary bank account. I just added my additional bank account, can you help me with the verification of this one as well?

Thank you,
Paul T.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for reaching out. Please, allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I have the same problem? Why all of a sudden? Been using my bank account since 2019, it's my first time encountering this matter and I've never changed my name on upwork.

Hello,

Although I have the same payment method since my account was created, I am seeing this error message attached below

4d88d861_0-1637493071038.png

I can confirm my name on payment method and Upwork account are exactly the same.

Any solution?

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you already created a support ticket regarding your cocner. It looks like your issue is resolved. Could you please confirm if you need further assistance?

~ Nikola
Upwork
4d88d861
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Yes my issue was resolved thank you!

I just hopped in the live chat with a moderator and he fixed the issue in a few minutes

Please help me with the same issue.

Hi, 

Suddenly, I receive a message from Upwork

"Payment method verification in progress
Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

But I know, My Bank account name and Upwork account name as the same. Also, I have been transferring money from Upwork to my bank account for 4 years.

So what will happen now?

Hi Khairuzzaman,

I shared your report with our team and your name mismatch is now approved. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, Nikola,

Thanks for cooperation.

Regards

Hi, I received the following message "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

However my current name stay the same for about 3 years(when I created account on Upwork) and didnt change on either my Upwork account or my bank account.

Thank you

Hi Kirill,

Our team will update your payment method shortly, thank you for your patience. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello supporter,

I just have this issue today. But previous i did not have this issue.

Please help me to solve my account issue.

Thanks you.

Hello Quang,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method is accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello,

I also have the same problem

I had verified my ID and Selfie and my account name is correct but i am still getting an error(The beneficial name is mismatched)

My actual surname is "Ateş" and i have wrote as "Ates" because "ş" was a special character. I think the reason of this problem is my surname.

Can you help me to solve my problem?

Thanks

Hi Serkan, 

I've followed with our team and your bene mismatch has been approved. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I added Paypal and get error - The beneficiary name is mismatched. Can you help me?

Hi Igor, 

Your beneficiary name has been verified. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

The beneficiary name is mismatched in Upwork, My Formal Name is Alamin Khan. How can Slove this issue???

Hi Alamin,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Goran,
I have the same problem with my account with Verified Name, can you please help me?

Thanks

Hi Jiawen,

Thank you for your message. I see that your payment methods are already accepted and active now. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

hello Goran V 

I am trying to get paid in my sister's local bank account and I get this message that the benefitiary name is mismatched can you please help me out with it.

-Sweekar Khadka

Hi Sweekar, 

Please keep in mind that in order to be able to add a payment method it needs to be issued on your name or your name to be listed as a beneficiary name. To learn more about our payment methods, check out this help article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Upwork,

I am experiencing the same error though my name in Upwork and my account name are the same. How do I fix this?

Hi Kimberley, 

Please allow up to 72 hours for the review on your payment method to be completed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi am facing same problem .can you please help me out 

Hi Muneeba,

Please allow 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello, I have the same problem. My name has a special character which Upwork does not allow to set as "Account Holder Name". How can I solve this issue?

Hi Sırrı Gençay,

This has been fixed. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello!  I am new to upwork and having issues with setting up my ACH direct.  For over 15 years, I've had my bank accounts set up as Ly Nguyen or Ly T. Nguyen since this is the name I go by.  I use this name on my profiles for everything since it's easier to pronounce etc. My driver's license has my complete birth name listed a Ly Huong Thi Nguyen - this is not the name I use on a regular basis. Can I provide additional documentation that it's me, so I don't have the mismatched name issue. Thanks! -Ly

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ly,

I have followed up with our team and your beneficiary name has been approved.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, 

I have the same issue regarding the  name mismatch, even though my name is the same on both platforms and I'm using the same email for both

Hi Deema,

I checked and it doesn't look like there is a name mismatch on your PayPal! For your security, please allow 3 days for this withdrawal method to become active.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi,

I have the same problem that the system show The beneficiary name is mismatched.Please help me out. Thanks

Hi, My name is Phan Nha Tinh. I set up my profile by my real name and it is also the name in my local bank accound. But for some reason it couldnot match. Please help me out. Thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Phan Nha, 

The name mismatch on your account has already been cleared. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths