🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Beneficiary name mismatch
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078

Hi Aleksander,

Thank you for your reach to me here. I have done the W-8BEN part and now everything is all set for me. Thank you so much. 

Best regards,

Chaneliza

Hi, Vladimir.

I just added my local bank account as a payment method and I see a notification box saying the beneficiary name does not match. 

I can confirm that the bank account is mine and has the same name as I have on Upwork.

Are there necessary steps I need to take to resolve this?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Heather Demi,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello, When I'm trying to add my PayPal it gives me this error :

Payment method verification in progress
Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

Hi Vladmir. I have same problem about 2 weeks. Can you help me? 

Hello, In my case I was able to get paid via my local bank for almost a year without any problem, today I wanted to get paid from my upwork account but I got the "The beneficiary name is mismatched" message, but the email and name from both my bank account and upwork are the same. What do I do? Thanks in advance

Hi Amani,

I checked with the team and they were able to clear the name mismatch on your account.

~Andrea
Upwork

I'm faced with the same issue. My name on my upwork profile and bank are the same. But I get that "beneficiary name mismatched" message.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reaching out, Joseph.

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello, 

In my case i got the "The beneficiary name is mismatched" message, but the email and name from both my paypal account and upwork are the same. What do I do?

Thanks in advance

Hi Karim,

In cases like this, it's best to allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you for your help.

I have the same problem

Hi Denis,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello, 

I got the "The beneficiary name is mismatched" message, but the name from both my Paypal account and Upwork are the same. What should I do?

Hi Faviana,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the review to be completed. If our team needs any additional information from you they will reach out directly via support ticket.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
siipal
Community Member

hi iam freelancer
i have same issue please check it!!!
Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.-this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

cgueco
Community Member

Hi,
I also experience the same issue with Carlos. On my account, I am using Camille Gueco-Torres and on my card (bank account), my name is Camille G Torres which is just the initial of my middle name. Can you also help me with this?
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Camille,

Please allow 3 days for the verifications on your payment method to be completed. If you're still experiencing any problems after this, let me know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Will do. Thanks!

-  Camille

Hi Goran,

It's been 3 days and I am still seeing the beneficiary name mismatched on my account. Can you please help me with this? Thanks!
-Camille

Hi Camille,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
c3c82852
Community Member

Dear Sir, 

I have the same issue than the Freelancer above. I have the not "The beneficiary name is mismatched" but my Upwork account, and my paypak / or bank account are strictly the same name. Could you please check my case ?

Thank you

Hi Gregory,

I checked but don't see any mismatch error on your payment method. Please keep in mind any new payment method will become available after 3 days.

~Andrea
Upwork
c3c82852
Community Member

Hi,

Thank you for your quick reply. You are correct, I don’t have the “mismatch” error message anymore.

But I have another question. I can see my balance is $0,00, but I actually completed my first job yesterday, and got paid 100$.

Why the 100$ does not appear in the balance ? Shall I just wait ?

Many thanks for your answer,

Gregory

Gregory, when your client releases a milestone or final payment on a fixed-price job, it immediately shows as pending on your financial account. Pending payments become available for you to withdraw after the standard five-day security period. You can check this in Reports > Overview.

~Andrea
Upwork
c3c82852
Community Member

Great, thank you for your answer. Well appreciated.

Gregory
bc25f330
Community Member

Hi, I setup my payment method today and it says the name on my bank account mismatched. The name on my bank account is just the same with my upwork name. I don't know why I'm getting this error. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reaching out, Charlotte.

Please, allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Avery
Upwork
e9d2da3a
Community Member

Hello, 

It has been over 5 days now and I haven't received my first payment. It shows "The beneficiary name is mismatched" message on my profile. I need help.

Thanks!

Hi Fuad,

I've shared your concern about the error showing the name mismatch with the team and they've taken care of it, you should no longer see it on your end. Regarding your withdrawal, if after eight business days you still haven't received your funds, please reach out to us again so we can assist further.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I also got this message
Payment method verification in progress
Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

Hello Gor,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been approved and will be active after 3 days.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello,
I have the problem that my beneficiary name is mismatched although there is written the same.
I didn't had this problem before and I never changed anything.

Hi Gulperi,

It should be all set now!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi guys
I live in Turkey. While the Upwork account name accepts letters such as ü-ğ-ç, the name in the bank account section that I entered does not accept these letters. Therefore, the name did not match, so it went through the verification, but this verification has been going on for almost 1 month. Is there anyone who can help me?

Please review the attached picture.

I used translate while writing this. Sorry for the typos.

upworksorun.png

Hello Mevlüt,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been approved and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks for your interested

Hello!

I got "The beneficiary name is mismatched" message, but the email and name from both my PayPal account and Upwork accounts are the same. Please, what do I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Ngwa,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths